Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on BCF

Re: Your thoughts on BCF

Hi Thumps,

You could be right. Cannon sounds like the bloke who's caught 2 marlin, climbed Mt Everest and gone to the moon a few times. He also sounds a lot like that bloke who has a thing about 4WD's (Reggie, Ronnie, I think).

Crestcutter: I thought I'd draw your attention to a slight technical error you made in one of your posts mate. Since the 14th February 1966, it's "as silly as a 20 cent watch", not a 2 bob watch. Sorry about that.

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend
    Hi Thumps,

You could be right. Cannon sounds like the bloke who's caught 2 marlin, climbed Mt Everest and gone to the moon a few times. He also sounds a lot like that bloke who has a thing about 4WD's (Reggie, Ronnie, I think).

Crestcutter: I thought I'd draw your attention to a slight technical error you made in one of your posts mate. Since the 14th February 1966, it's "as silly as a 20 cent watch", not a 2 bob watch. Sorry about that.

TOL

oh gawd......and i bet you remember the song too

lol

bidkev

Rod_Bender stated: "Once again, i think Canon was spot on the money."

Cannon stated:

"Wake up to yourselves, I know alot of you out there, and believe me, you are not as smart as what you all think. You come into tackle stores all over the country thinking that you are red hot fishos, still thinking that Ugly Sticks are the best rods on the planet, and ABU's are the best reels ever made, and spewing over a $100 combo that in your mind is too expensive an outfit. Its true what they say, 90% of the fishermen catch 10% of the fish, and 10% of the fishermen catch 90% of the fish. I have been in tackle now for many years, and served hundreds of thousands of you, and I am fed up with your crap thinking that you know everything. The majority of you out there dont know sweet F.A. and no matter how many forums you subscribe to, no matter how many boat stickers you put on your boats, and no matter how many fishing clothes you put on your back, you will still be part of that 90% of fisherman that only catch 10% of the fish."

Roddy, if you're convinced that Cannon is spot on the money, then does it also hold true that you have as much contempt for 90% of your fellow fishos as Cannon appears to?

He "knows a lot of us out there" and his view of us is gleaned from his personal dealings, obviously, so must be "spot on the money". <sarcasm> It's a pity he couldn't make that kind of statement to "us out there" as we were handing over the cash that keeps him in an employment that he appears to detest. His attitude reads something like, "You're a know all ######, who really knows #### all, and catches #### all. That Ugly Stick and Abu are absolute shit, compared to other stuff, and and that 100 dollar combo is actually underpriced but what the hell, I'll keep my mouth shut, pretend that you're on the button and just take your money. I can always slag you off when you're gone..........anonymously of course"

It's no big deal mate but I would just like to think that me being in the 90% 'n all that I wouldn't have to waste my time trying to answer any of your future posts. I mean, I know #### all and think crap anyway, so what would be the point?

Cannon, I really do feel sorry for you mate if this is how you view your "bread and butter" customers. Your working life must be really miserable.

kev

Take care of your character and your reputation will take care of itself.

yes, maybe a change of retail environment is something in order for Cannon

maybe a job in womens lingerie

Quote Originally Posted by fish2eat
    yes, maybe a change of retail environment is something in order for Cannon

maybe a job in womens lingerie

why not he propably is already wearing them

i do believe that wasnt the best way to put your point across cannon
    i for one love my abu and my ugly sticks

Thumps,

I could always put the song in a PM to you if you wish.

TOL

I wonder if he wears suspenders and fishnet stockings?

Thumps; does Juicy get done up in that stuff for you?

TOL

No need for that TOL.

He was about in those days and recalls the song well.

As for me I wasn't even a twinkle in my fathers eye.

Juicy

And as for part 2 of your question TOL.

LOL

I could reply several ways (on Thumps behave of course....only cause he is currently having his 'Grandpa's nap'),

But as I am a young innocent, you best be asking that question in PM, only, that is, if your pacemaker can handle it!!!!!

Juicy

Oh I am in so much trouble when Thumps reads this

Darryl

Apologies to TOL , i need to get with the times.

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend
    I wonder if he wears suspenders and fishnet stockings?

Thumps; does Juicy get done up in that stuff for you? #

TOL
    Arse about face TOL. Thumps gets done up in that stuff for Juicy

kev

The 50-50-90 rule: Any time you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90%
    probability you'll get it wrong.

the only reason i remember that song...is cause my MUM sang it alot when i was young >

as for a granpa nap.... >..i do belive im working tonight

as for the outfit.......maybe i do...maybe i dont...but i havent had a complaint yet

(must shave legs)

Whoa what a thread - and animosity....................too boot

Its good to look around in there - all the staff are quite polite and leave you alone if you want - which is nice sometimes.

As far as casting aspersions on our old ugly sticks - a big bah humbug to you - it catches fish and more fish and my old Shimano Triton Mag still howls like a champion ............ Who cares if you dont have the latest and greatest gear - if its old and you like it and it works then it is the greatest rod and reel in the world (favourite gear I think its called). In the end I drop into about 4 different stores here on the Sunny Coast to have a look, have a chat - see whats going on and find out what everyone else is up to.

All kinds of stores for all kinds of people - dont get bent out of shape about it - just shop where you want.

Anyway - Im sure BCF is grateful for the publicity - just watch out when they special stuff off and get it if you want / OR Not!

5000 plus reads - jeez thats a lot of traffic!!!!

Cheers
    Philll

Thumps,

I remember 14.02.66 very well; I was working in the National Bank in Innisfail then as a young man about town. There were 8 banks in town in those days: the Commonwealth, Bank of NSW, Commercial, Commercial Banking Co of Sydney, ANZ, ES & A, and 2 x National Banks.

A big armoured van backed right up to the bank's doors after closing time, guards with shotties jumped out, and we unloaded the new loot and put all the old stuff in the van.

Now Thumps, maybe you do and maybe you dont, so should I jump on the first flight to Mackay and find out?? I should warn you that I'll be bringing my heamorroid cream with me.

TOL

"Your mind is like a parachute; it must be open to function" (anon.)

Sorry Kev.

[quote author=thumps link=1136774559/210#211 date=1138154447

oh gawd......and i bet you remember the song too

lol[/quote]

"Out with the pounds, the shillings and the pence"

that is the opening line....

part of the chorus was "on the 14th February, 1966"

sung to the tune of Click Go The Shears

I cannot remember the rest of it