Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on BCF

Re: Your thoughts on BCF

Quote Originally Posted by Crestcutter
    Well had cannon come in with a better attitude he might have come #out the otherside with a bit of respect.

Had he had not belittled people #from his first post he might have gained a little respect also. I'm afraid in my world i dont listen to people trying to make a point by name calling and carrying on like a 2 bob watch.

As for BCF, never shopped in one, will i? Yeah of course i will go and see what they have to offer no problembo. I dont expect the young blokes/girls #that work in them too roll out the red carpet for me for christ sakes..

Had cannon made his point without insults i wouldn't have posted, but if his sales staff act like him it's no wonder he is feral.
    To think I was not going to make another post. I respect your opinion, and my comments were never to the individual and I stand by them 110% as you would if you were in my shoes

Rodbender..I have not been negative about BCF..I am very positive..I am positive i will not be going back there again.

Anyone can and will complain about bad service..we were all trained in jobs at some stage.
    Cannot really complain about BCF's service...there isn't any. As for helping a kid out in their store...at Keppera, there was a teenager sitting on the floor restocking shelves..he did glance up for a second or two but went back to what he was doing...totally ignored everyone walking past him....maybe he was not involved in serving people but perhaps he should have been.

Yes..I do have my own business...Yes..I do train people....No..I do not let them loose on the general public until I am sure they know what they are doing.

In summary...BCF would have to be one of the worst stores, in any industry, I have been in.

Quote Originally Posted by longtail
    went to my local BCF on sunday , had a bit of a look around and was shocked when i saw the prices in the reel cabinet $160 for a tss4 # spoke to the manager told him that i could go to that ######### store and get the same reel for $125 his reply , 'go for it , i don't care' #

won't be back
    i will continue to support my local tackle shop and springwood marine

cheers
    jason

ps- cannon , what is your affiliation with BCF???
    I have no affiliation with BCF, and personally will never have. I do not believe in another "Wall Mart" taking over Australia. My argument is that I know how hard it is to get into the tackle trade, and you blokes are up these 17 year old kids for not knowing what has taken us a lifetime to learn. As much as BCF hurts me financially, I credit them to starting off many young fishos dreams, I just wish I could employ so many keen young kids that want to turn fishing into a career.

Mackmauler

Mate i wouldn't know anyone on here unless they gave their full name. I don't work in the fishing game, but i have worked in different retail outlets b4.

Kingtin

I fully take on board what your saying. But what really does whinging on here about BCF gonna do long term. Majority - referring to the 1000's of people who walk through their doors weekly. If you want better service, ask for it! If you want to be served, ask!!! Theres nothing worse then walking into a store such as a shoe store to be constantly asked, "can i help you!" Provide negative feedback to the store manager on the spot in far less time then it would take to turn your PC on and fire such a response.

I'll shop anywhere, but i love that BCF have everything under the 1 roof and they will match any advertised price.
    Roddy

Thanks Cannon,

I buy my tyres from the same place, I get my petrol from the same place. Last round of Tyres they gave me a spare for the box trailer and fitted it free of charge. The servo manager lets me wash the boat down late at night and run the motor in fresh water if I bring my own hose so I can sleep in the next morning and not have to worry about the salt drying on the duco or corroding the internals of the motor. I don't think I will whinge about the price of petrol there, so long as I am not being ripped of by significantly higher prices higher than anyone else. I am sure that you, if you represent the independant are willing to negotiate prices with me, which will appease my ingrained western society need to beat your prices down, so long as I respect your need to make a profit, which pays for your knowledge. Besides, you have proven to have EXACTLY the colour of plastics or lures I want!! Someone has to pay for that attention to detail!

Scalem

I work at the Keperra store and yes i have had some people come in and complain about the service and yes i have followed that up. But from some of the replys some you you guys have posted, im not saying your lieing but i highly doubt it was that bad of a visit. When im on the floor i try my hardest to say g'day to as many as i can, and if not ill chase them down later lol. But seriously none of the guys at keperra are ever rude to customers and if they dont know something they find someone who can. No offence to anyone but if you come into the store and I or any of the other team members serve you and we have no idea on the product please dont go banannas or complain. Its bloody hard to know every single thing about every product in that store. We're learning as we go along. Dont hesitate to come up and say g'day, Ive now met a few ausfishers through work and everytime they seem to go home pretty happy, so i must be doing somehting right

Cheers guys

Darryl

Cannon, agreed your comments were not made to individuals, just us as a whole. I have been sitting on the fence about BCF as i haven't been to one yet to have a look. Obviously a new chain is going to have teething problems has to settle into the market.

I certainly would take into consideration Ausfishers comments on the store, but would still have to go find out for myself how my local one would operate. So in hindsight i dont think constructive critisism on this board is going to affect the yearly takings of BCF that much.

And myself having worked in hospitality most of my life on the Gold Coast has certainly copped my share of customers that expect you to do everything bar eat there meal for them, so of course i can see your side.

Please let it be known not all of us give a hoot about being a fishing god.Some of us do it for the R@R mate and dont give a crap about line honours.

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by cannon
    [<snip>

Well written. If you do know who I am, then you will know that I am a fair dinkum bloke, and you know that I say things how they are and dont try to butter them up
    Wrong! You like to *think* of yourself as a fair dinkum bloke but it's obvous from your post that you have nothing but contempt for 90% of the fishos that you deal with. Considering that most fishos that I know are pretty average blokes, then to translate this outside the fishing sphere I would have to conclude that you have nothing but contempt for 90% of humanity, Fair Dinkum? I think not! Self righteous, pompous, and self opinionated more like.

Now *that's* "saying things how they are"

kev

One of the most important ways to manifest integrity is to be loyal to those who are not present.

I'll add more fuel to the fire

Ive been to the BCF at Maroochydore once... big store.. all looked good.. staff looked friendly... i had a quick look around for what i was after, couldnt find it.. so i asked some upstart where the Bushmans was... i only needed some insect repellant.. so he showed me where it was.. and then with a really cheerful voice "Have you used this before??" .... well geez mate, i wouldnt have freakin asked for it if i hadnt used it before.. but yeh.. i go and reply nicely "yep, use it a fair bit" as i grabbed a big can of bushmans and a tube of rubon bushmans and he goes "Thats Super.. Thats ALL I use.. If you want extra protection you should use the rub on... all the while.. im standing there while this guy yaps on.. im holding my bushmans and tube of the rubon..... anyways.. thanked him for his service.. and went to the counter.. got served by this nice lady.. she goes "Bushmans... Have you ever used that before?" and im thinking.... yep.. freakin robots are taking over the world!! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!! and i did.. soon as all things were paid for i ran..

Having BCF is all well and good.. and i totally agree with a mate of mine cept for the age part.. but he told me this when he went in "I felt like a 5yr old with $2 in my pocket, but im a 40yr old and a sore bank account!"

We dont need a BCF... within 5mins walk, ive got camping, boating and fishing in the center of maroochydore supporting local business

Tim

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_Bender
    <snip>

Kingtin

I fully take on board what your saying. But what really does whinging on here about BCF gonna do long term. Majority - referring to the 1000's of people who walk through their doors weekly. If you want better service, ask for it! If you want to be served, ask!!! Theres nothing worse then walking into a store such as a shoe store to be constantly asked, "can i help you!" Provide negative feedback to the store manager on the spot in far less time then it would take to turn your PC on and fire such a response.

Roddy
    Roddy, I'm sorry mate but you seem to be missing what I am fired about. It is *not* bcf. I think my comments about bcf were medicre comapred to some.

What I *am* fired about is some anonymous tosspot inferring that 90% of fishos are wankers and are not entitled to voice their genuine concerns. Read through the whole thread at once, consider what has been said, and then think about how this guy comes on and starts slagging off fishos in general just because he can't justify genuine complaint.

kev
    One will never reach distant shores, if he chooses to remain upon the dock, In fear his little ship of dreams may be dashed against the rocks.

Brett_Hoskin

I like BCF on a really hot day cause they have airconditioning...hahaha

I visited a new store and they had ABU reels on"sale" $65.00 more than Fartmart 50 mts down the road.
    I mentioned this to the #sales bloke and he said that Fartmart wern't being fair because one of their people #keeps an eye on the prices at BCF and then Fartmart are cheaper. #duh

He spent several minutes trying to justify why they had a 6500C3 Abu for $165.00

We didnt all come down in the last shower. #

They have a good selection however prices are far higher than many othere stores around town.

Cannon, you need to retire and grab a jar of turbolax

Rodbender, you say you hate negative people well a tirade from a chap who despises 90% of his customers is not what I call uplifting. I'm one of the more positive chaps that I know [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] with possibility thinking every step of the way, I'm also a businessman who has an interest in how businesses operate. Sure every business get a percentage of customers who we just don't click with but anyone with an open mind running a BCF shop could take away a lot from this discussion to improve his business and it certainly is not pricing.
    The advantage a large BCF store has is if it has a clearly priced and ordered range, that gets the browsing chap happy (yes us who call bunnings boysworld) and it will satisfy plenty of people. Hopefully the stores get good management that know how to treat their staff well and build a great store culture and from this thread it looks like a few stores have, others are very early on in the piece and have plenty to learn.
    Hopefully Cannon retires and doesn't pass on his style to the rest of the chaps in his shop.

Quote Originally Posted by cannon
    I have no affiliation with BCF, and personally will never have. I do not believe in another "Wall Mart" taking over Australia. #My argument is that I know how hard it is to get into the tackle trade, and you blokes are up these 17 year old kids for not knowing what has taken us a lifetime to learn. #As much as BCF hurts me financially, I credit them to starting off many young fishos dreams, I just wish I could employ so many keen young kids that want to turn fishing into a career.

Hard facts mate!
    Maybee if these 17 year old kids didn't have a 4 person meeting talking about what they did on friday night (wich was going out in toowoomba and getting on the grog)YES i was in the toowoomba store, then maybee i wouldn't have walked out of the store after waiting for them to finish there little conversation.

If it has taken you a lifetime to learn that you don't stand around talking about what happend last friday nigh't, then you had better let me know which tackle store you own/work in so i don't have the pleasure [smiley=hammer.gif]#to deal with you.
    Anyfish

I'm over this topic. At the end of the day, i too shop around. I love walking big shops with a huge variety. I'd rather spend 2 hours walking around BCF then a little 20 sq mt tackle store. Once again, i think Canon was spot on the money. Obviously, the store i explore on weekends has different views on BCF. I always find it full of people. Roddy

Quote Originally Posted by Scott15
    Dont hesitate to come up and say g'day, Ive now met a few ausfishers through work and everytime they seem to go home pretty happy, so i must be doing somehting right

Cheers guys
    I can attest to this, and certainly can't complain about the service Scott provided (twice) on Saturday.

I've been to Keperra on quite a few occasions now (it's just up the road from me), and found the service pretty hit and miss. However, I'll keep an eye out for the young fella from now on, and another guy who has helped me in the past (I think it's Anthony, but not sure).

As I've said before, I wouldn't necessarily go there for price alone (though I managed to get a reasonable deal on a Pflueger at the weekend while after some Fireline) and probably not for the service though that's improving (see above), but it's the convenience of being much more local than my "local" tackle store and Sunday opening. I can also grab camping and boating stuff at the same time.

I reckon there's a market for both, but I'll remain loyal to the small guys whenever I can.

Good luck,
    Mike

PS - Cannon, if you don't hold the courage of your convictions enough to let us know who you are, could you at least let us know where you work? I'd like to make sure I don't offend your sensibilities by making a purchase from you, and I'd also hate to think that you'd feel obliged to take my money, such is my lack of knowledge and skill. Thanks.