Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on BCF

bidkev

Re: Your thoughts on BCF

Cannon, me old spineless mate. You certainly fired off a barrel there. It's a shame though, that the bang sounds just like a damp squib

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "this medium gives everybody time to think about what they are saying, and then to read it back to themselves and check as to how it may sound to others, so there is little excuse for how a "tone" of a post comes across".

I hate to say it, but yours comes across as being just a little bit peeved at the folks who actually keep you in work. I would go so far as to say that "peeved" is being rather charitable. On reflection I think your post sounds that you actually *despise* the majority of fishos.

I think that if you took the time to consider this thread as a whole, then you would have to agree that the majority complaint is not that the staff have little knowledge but that they just don't seem to give a shit. This has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the fact that the staff lack knowledge (not that that isn't a justifiable complaint). If the staff took the time to pay attention to their customers (a basic) then their lack of knowledge of their products would be amply compensated for by their courtesy. Nobody expects junior staff to be fully conversant with all the products on their floor but they do expect them to be fully conversant with the customer's needs to be valued. Or is it only the 10% of fishos who catch 90% of the fish to be valued?

The customer is not there to provide a training opportunity for a junior, and is certainly not there to give an opportunity for the juniors to brush up on their "I'm a teenager, I can do what I want and ignore who I want" skills. The kids at MacDonalsds would put the BFC kids (at my local store)to shame in their approach to customers.

This is absolutely nothing to do with whatever it is that you perceive it to be, as your post (to me) sounds simply like a broadside attack on the 90% of fishos who appear to piss you off. It is about common courtesy and the generally accepted, and justified expectation of retail clients, that the retailer have at least some basic knowledge of the products that they are retailing and that if not, then they are prepared to listen and learn. I think the consensus here is that this is not so at most bcf stores and as such, the clients have a right to voice their opinions without derisory comments from "masked avengers" who seem to miss the point completely.

If your post here is indicative of your general attitude to your clients then you have either lived a lie for too long and need to bale out now, or else thank whoever, that it is a miracle that you are still employed in the business.

kev (pissed off at 90% of staff who only know about 10% of their products and hate 90% of their customers)

We give advice, but we cannot give the wisdom to profit by it.

land_based

I went to bcf yesterday and bought a new shimano bream rod, got it home, put my little silstar reel on it, and threaded the braid through the guides. I grabbed the end of the braid and pulled it down just to check the action of the rod **craaaaaaaack** the tip completely broke off. I quicly drove back to the store with reciept and rod in hand walked in and luckily my missus knows one of the girls that works there, she replaced it with a smile and i was on my way relieved. I was very happy with that.

boyzie

about time someone told it how it really is !!!
    good on ya cannon

Hi there, Cannon,

Tell me, being obviously a person with a (self stated) wealth
    of knowledge and experience, and, with the benefit of anonaminity,
    what do YOU think is the best rod and reel? and WHY?

Looking forward to your opinion...

Regards, Harry..

Harry,
    Get with the program mate. The best rod is an Ugly Stick and the best reel is an Abu. Oh, hang on a minute, 90% of what I think say and do is $h1t. So is the other 10%. But somehow my cash is ok.
    Cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by R0b
    I went to bcf yesterday and #bought a new shimano bream rod, got it home, put my little silstar reel on it, and threaded the braid through the guides. I grabbed the end of the braid and pulled it down just to check the action of the rod **craaaaaaaack** the tip completely broke off. I quicly drove back to the store with reciept and rod in hand walked in and luckily my missus knows one of the girls that works there, she replaced it with a smile and i was on my way relieved. I was very happy with that.
    There you go right there.........glad you are happy having the rod replaced, but so many of you "fishos"should know not to pull the rod down at that angle, they are designed to bend through the lenghth of the rod - like when a fish is on. Not being pulled down with rod in one hand, line in the other so it is only bending at the tip section, thats how they break. Thanks for pointing out how little knowledge some of you have.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryO
    Hi there, Cannon,

Tell me, being obviously a person with a (self stated) wealth
    of knowledge and experience, and, with the benefit of anonaminity,
    what do YOU think is the best rod and reel? # and WHY?

Looking forward to your opinion...

Regards, #Harry..
    There is no best rod stupid. It depends on what species you are chasing, what you are fishing with etc etc. Thanks again for more stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Crestcutter
    "I have been in tackle now for many years, and served hundreds of thousands of you, and I am fed up with your crap thinking that you know everything. #The majority of you out there dont know sweet F.A. "

AND YOU SIR CAN KISS MY LILLY ASS...

Regardless if we think we know all, we pay your wage ..
    As Pinhead said i wont go too any store that treats costumers like an inconvenience.
    #
    Sorry, you dont pay my wage. My knowledge and skill as an angler pays my wage. As for your ass......spend less time on forums and more time fishing, you never know, you might learn something

Darryl

I am curious as too why you have to hide, if your such a respectable tackle shop guru why wouldn't you just say who you were?

Is it though fear of not getting our dollar?

Ow now your a charter boat legend too.

bidkev

[quote author=cannon link=1136774559/165#172 date=1138094211<snip>

Sorry, you dont pay my wage. #My knowledge and skill as an angler pays my wage. [/quote]

Bloody hell! paulez2 has morphed!

kev

One day, your life will flash in front of your eyes...Make sure it is worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    no wonder you want to remain anonymous with a post like that cannon and have registered a new name to post this. Doesn't say much for you personal integrity and intestinal fortitude to me.

And I s'pose you plan to go on using you other avtar like nothing has happened? Spineless!

You'd better make up your mind tho - is it "The majority of you out there dont know sweet F.A. and no matter how many forums you subscribe to, no matter how many boat stickers you put on your boats, and no matter how many fishing clothes you put on your back, you will still be part of that 90% of fisherman that only catch 10% of the fish" or is it "yourselves who have spent a lifetime learning"

You can come back at me with whatever you like. At least you will know who it is you are writing to. I don't need a veil of secrecy.

Jeremy
    Before you insult my integrity, you might want to think about comments that you have made behind customers backs. Like I said, I have been around and know many of you, directly or indirectly. So now you can add to the list of negatives for BCF a two faced character. I hide my identity because I have many friends on this forum, who also believe as I do. I hide it to protect who I work for, people I know, and I posted the post because I am sick of whinging people like most of you. If you want help, bloody well ask for it, cause garunteed if every staff member of BCF or my store or anyone elses kept asking you if you needed help, you would all be on here whinging again that you were being harassed by a bunch of car salesmen. The truth hurts, and its showing through now. My message is this, evryone deserves a fair go, and you customers out there have definatley had yours. Try working in retail where you lot come in and treat us like dogs and slaves every day. The courtesy and respect that your here complaining about for lack of from BCF, have a look at yourselves. The majority of you are rude ignorant and ill mannered. Try saying please and thankyou for a change. And next time you want advice, just remember that normally you are asking it from someone who fishes a hell of alot more than you. Treat others as you want to be treated yourself. You the customer on alot of occasions treat us the retailer like crap. Just a pity we couldnt do it back. One of you commented that its time to get out, yes it is, for listening to a pack of whinging people like you that do nothing but complain, want advice for nothing- hard earned advice at that. You take all the credit when we put you onto the fish, and then come in and blame us when with the advice we have given you didnt work because you were half the angler you claimed to be. Live it up and enjoy the rest of your bitching session on this forum, Im going fishing, I will think of all of you tapping away at your keyboards while I am pulling in the fish that laughed at you. Regards and a fond final farewell.......

went to my local BCF on sunday , had a bit of a look around and was shocked when i saw the prices in the reel cabinet $160 for a tss4 # spoke to the manager told him that i could go to that ######### store and get the same reel for $125 his reply , 'go for it , i don't care' #

won't be back
    i will continue to support my local tackle shop and springwood marine

cheers
    jason

ps- cannon , what is your affiliation with BCF???
    ... i only work to support my fishing addiction.....

Darryl

Betcha that wont be all your pulling.

What a legend.

westie

Wow this is getting spicy.
    I am a 90% fisherman that caches fish 5% of the time, with that adverage am I an under adverage fisherman #

And my name is not ........Danny Crane