Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fishing on tv??

fishing on tv??

hi there fello ausfishers,

As a newbe to oz, i've only just managed to get foxtel out to hook us up (only took about 3 weeks) but now its done ive been looking through the listings for the fishing programs.

Back in the uk we have a few, and most of them seem to come from here!!

I thought with fishing being much bigger here it would be all over the listings, am i looking in the wronge places or is it because everyones out fishing, not wanting to sitting around watching it ?!!!!!

Re: fishing on tv??

hey mate on a u r o r a on friday nights theres a show called fishing trip with some guy, bit of a tosser tho, saturday mornings at 1030 on the life stlye channel, fishing WA great show i watch it when ever i can. then again on lifestyle on some week nights at 630 rex hunt is on but i really dont like ian hewitson so i dont watch the last bit, the cooking segment. saturday around lunch time theres a show on discovery called cast out, its a guy that travels around the world and fishes, quiet good, he gets everything from sturegon to trout, hope that get ya on the couch this week

ben

Hows it going mate

There is a show on ch183 called hooked on tues night at 7.30pm

Russ

Briz31 (UHF Free to air) has River to Reef tonight at 8PM.

Apart from that get onto foxtel . com . au TV Guide and search "fish" in the sports category.

A couple of the free to air channels also have some weekend stuff too.

Cheers

have to agree Gazza, there has been a fishing drought on Tv the last year..... there is definitely room for a few more shows on fishing.
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

I have seen a few good fishing shows on pay tv but they are few and far between one of the best is the one catching marlin of the rocks in jervis bay wild stuff . I dont understand why some one doesn't start a fishing and 4w.d and maybe camping dedicated station there is a mob of stuff they could show if only , you might rope in a few more people to get pay t.v just an idea .....
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

maybe they could get a presenter that knows what their doing, some of the shows ive seen recently the guy has caught a grassie sweetlip and described it a 'one of those perchy sweetlip.....family....things' lost all credibility when he said that. even the guy he was with didnt have a clue what it was.
    another guy on a different show caught a grinner and was stumped by it, he even had a section at the end of his show asking if anyone knew what it was send him an email.
    and we all know rex has asked his fair of questions in the past, it showed the most when he was fishing with guys that knew what they we doing, like steve starling, bushy, lee rayner e.c.t

I saw an ad for a show called, "The Accidental Angler". The "star' is a Pom, but despite that, it looked quite good I'm buggered if I can remember now, what channel it's on?

You got work yet Gazza, or are you still hanging around golf courses ?

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by B_E_N View Post
    maybe they could get a presenter that knows what their doing, some of the shows ive seen recently the guy has caught a grassie sweetlip and described it a 'one of those perchy sweetlip.....family....things' lost all credibility when he said that. even the guy he was with didnt have a clue what it was.
    another guy on a different show caught a grinner and was stumped by it, he even had a section at the end of his show asking if anyone knew what it was send him an email.
    and we all know rex has asked his fair of questions in the past, it showed the most when he was fishing with guys that knew what they we doing, like steve starling, bushy, lee rayner e.c.t
    Did you do as he asked and send a e-mail to identify the grinner!!...was watching that and had a chuckle...its better than that "stop the bus" guy...cant cop him......i reckon Fishing Wa is the best on Tv....sat mornings
    ..Greg...."Termites pay the bills"..... Trailcraft 475...75 Hp E-Tec

oh that jamie fella with the stop the bus adds, was watching him the other night and he was getting smoked by small 30cm max aus salmon, kep letting the seals get it, while his mate/guy he was fishing with tighten the drag and got them in easy as. love his competition add aswell, the camper trailer that looks like a dog kenel its that small, and he states theres heaps of room......if you live in a cupboard......i just watch him coz hes stuffs everything up!
    go fishing WA!

there was a show called 'fish and 4 wheels" presented by a guy "Eddie Riddle" but like all TV fishing "gurus" he had some very annoying traits, one which springs to mind was his stupid woo hooo hooo every time he caught anything, but the show itself was kind of OK, just needed a bit of polish and some beter prenters and it may be a goer again, hey and "bluefin59, you say that "someone" should make a show, then best remeber that YOU are "someone" so give it a try!

OH and fishing WA suffers from the same old thing, bad presenters, that Steve guy is a complete dill, doesn't matter what is happeneing it is always "pandemonium" "going off" "all happening heeya" and he has all the best geeya and is not shy to advertise it either.

what about ET?

Mike

Thanks noelm for that i have a great head for radio mate but i would be willing to step up if a station managers job came up or even someone who organizes what you see on said station show after show of just fishing on 1 station probably be a bit much . I also doubt my ability to catch fish would be up to scratch but i suppose i could record some of our better looking members at there secret spots , that might help my fishing dont know how the wife would go with me fishing without her all the time mate .....
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

dont know if its still on but when i was a little tiddler i use to luv to get up early on my day of school and watch about 3 hours of fishing shows on saturday moring think it started around 7 and went to 10 dont know if its still on tho but,, and thanks to russ in 20min i shall go watch a fishing show

cheers

How ya living?