Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Women that fish...

Re: Women that fish...

As much as I would like to be in on a m&g with the lovely ladies on this site I would have to say that I would refrain from joining in if it is a "ladies" get together even though I have a lady I could bring along. I am sure it would be very much a great meet once it happens. Have fun people. I'm sure with the Herminator involved there will be no shortage of nibblies and gourmet food. HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

Regards,

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

ronnieandbill

Hi Guys
    I have read most of the replies and it seems most of you think it is great to see women fishing.

I have been fishing ever since I was a little tacker. Started off in freshwater and then when I moved up here soon got to know what Saltwater fishing was all about. The first thing I did was get my boat licence and that was about 20 years back.
    I absolutely love my fishing and couldn't think of a better past time and will go out any chance I get. My brother is also keen so suppose I have been lucky that I have always had a fishing buddy.

I bought the big girl about six months ago as I got sick of the fella's always offering to take me out to Moreton etc but never did.
    Now I can go out anytime, weather permitting and am glad that my partner likes to go as well.

To all- doesn't matter what gender as long as whatever you do you enloy it. And if you both enjoy the same thing then that is even better.

Ronnieh

Hey everyone!!!

WOW! Thank you all for the responses and I think a meet and greet is a fantastic idea!! I dont mind if its run by the boys, or if boys attend... I dont know about any of the other ladies... but its all good in my books

As for whether to go with fishing or a BBQ... why the heck cant we have both? LOL

And yep, I camp as well... I LOVE camping I live in the logan area, but Im always willing to travel a little ways.

I dont get sea sick... Im too busy fishing to get sea sick LOL Would love to get together with others, even guys that dont mind taking a lady out with them... because Im not sure my partner... oh, sorry TOL... my boyfriend likes going out with me often and would rather go out with his work buddies. Anyway, Im on the market for new friends either way, men or women

Ari

Ari I am only just down the road at Mt.Warren Park. Perhaps we can arrange something in the future and go get us some fish. My [s]partner [/s](Had to do it TOL) wifey is not into fishing really and she doesn't care who I fish with. I never need an excuse to wet a line.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo
    Ari I #am only just down the road at Mt.Warren Park. Perhaps we can arrange something in the future and go get us some fish. # My [s]partner [/s](Had to do it TOL) wifey is not into fishing really and she doesn't care who I fish with. I never need an excuse to wet a line.

Poodroo
    we know that..she let you out with me

Hi Everyone
    The response to this M&G is great and also great to see so many women interested in fishing, if there is anyone living down on the Gold Coast who wants to go for a fish let me know as I am always looking for someone to take out although in the holiday season I must admit I tend to not go .I do not feel confident enough to go offshore by myself so if someone is experienced in offshore fishing that would be great particulary in winter when the snapper are around. Looking forward to meeting you all soon!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Irene

Hey guys!

Poodroo thats cool I have no idea where Mt Warren Park is! LOL
    Hey, Id love to go fishing somewhere where fish are actually biting as well LOL

Irene, Im not far off the gold coast... I was down at Hope Island yesterday. I go to hope island frequently.

Ari

Hi Ari
    My boat is at Runawy Bay so when the holidays are over give me a ring 0414354755 and we can organise a fishing trip, not sure what your work situation is like but if we can go during the week its better not so many boats around but if the M&G is soon we can meet up there

Cheers Irene

bidkev

I took The Deckie fishing the day after we met over 20 yrs ago and we've been fishing together ever since.

She does the towing, launching, and recovering, and is a mean hand on the pick.....in fact, I just point the nose of the rig in the direction we're going and that's my role over

The only time she doesn't fish with me is when we're camping at The Pin as she prefers to sunbake and look after the kids........she doesn't even let me near the stove ..............."Control Freak' I think they're called

She isn't "full on" in that she isn't interested in the tackle, knot tying etc but simply loves having a rod in her hands ...........aren't I lucky

kev

Eel fishing

Cornish wrasse

Skate

Tope

Little pretty Thing (she called it)

hi all

what is the difference between this m&g that is being organized

and the usual ones, don't woman go to them and meet each other

i haven't been to one so i don't know what goes on at them.

dianne

Quote Originally Posted by wanttofish
    hi all

what is the difference between this m&g that is being organized

and the usual ones, don't woman go to them and meet each other

i haven't been to one so i don't know what goes on at them.

dianne
    dianne..most of the other M&G's have been organised for anyone to attend but i think TOL is organising this specifically with the women of Ausfish in mind. I am sure he will organise a great event.

rtranter

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead
    Rob...GOM = Grumpy Old Men..the over 50's brigade of ausfish...bad tempered bunch of buggers they are.

TOL = The Old Legend...members users name
    Thanks for clearing that up Pinhead.
    Now I may understand whats being said in some of the threads

Now not wanting to start anything , but to show I'm not a complete sexist . (And This is a True Story, just ask Julie)

For 98% of our 27 years so far, Julie has got breakfast in bed every day .

The other 2% I've been at work or just too lazy.

So I'm not a complete As#*ole.

I think your M&G sounds a great idea, as they mostly are.

Well Have a SAFE,HAPPY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR Everyone, and catch a heap of Fish
    Rob

I love fishing and while my husband likes being out on the water, he just throws a line in and reads a book or goes to sleep. Just after we got married last year I was massaging a guy who loves fishing and was telling him about all the fishing I did on our honeymoon and he could see how keen I was and how much I enjoyed fishing and said with great feeling "What a lucky guy my husband was". He longed to have someone with whom to share his passion for fishing. So all you guys who have women who like fishing are the envy of this guy!

Our honeymoon rekindled my love of fishing. I hadn't been fishing for decades, but I've got the bug bad now. Can't say I've had any brilliant catches but I sure out fish my husband!

Glad to see you are such good sports about women winning competitions and the general acceptance of us fisher women.

Eleanor

I don't think that the M&G is mean't to be purposely aimed at the "Women that Fish" I think that ANY excuse to have a M&G is a good one! #(Rob - I too was thinking WTF ?????? #what's going on - It can't be its usual meaning - #and then thought about it a bit more and worked it out! Women that Fish!! of course)

I am sure that EVERYONE would be more than welcome! #Even the GOM's (but if it is at my house - PinHead doesn't drive that far or holidays!!! #We might have to set him up a camp bed in the rumpus room! #[smiley=wink.gif]) and with TOL and Shayned already on BBQ duty we have a good start! What can you do PinHead??? #[smiley=wink.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend
    Now, the question has been put. #How about it ladies? #It would be a good chance for us all to get together.

What do you think? #Let me know.

Regards,

TOL
    I love this comment from TOL! #[smiley=laugh.gif] I can just imagine TOL and all the WTF! #[smiley=gorgeous.gif] #I think that TOL thinks that the WTF are just like his beloved "Breaka Girls!!!" #[smiley=wink.gif] #

Now TOL - I can only speak for myself but I am sorry but you are out of luck! and does Gwenda know what you are up to???

GW and I have been meaning to get to a few of the M&G's but due to his work commitments things have not worked out - but now with no work - he has no excuses!

Come on TOL - let us know the details! #We are away for the next couple of days up at Caloundra but if you need to give me a ring, I will PM you my mobile no.

I am really looking foward to meeting ALL Ausfishers!

Cheers
    Janine

Hi Scalem

Here is a question. Of all those who replied who's female wife or partner, who looks after the finances? I call my wife my "finance Director" and she is the one who looks after the bills and payment of them. Don't think I am lazy, I often offer to take some of the responsibility, but she says she is happy playing that role in our marriage.
    Re the above, I handle the finances, because I am the one who is good at it. I hate to think how things would be if my husband did it. It is not his thing. He has his giftings, he is a carpenter, so that makes him the expert at fixing our timber boat! Sounds good to me, since I'm the one who is keen on fishing and I prefer timber boats. Hate to think how the boat would be if I fixed it! He calls me "The accountant".

Best to work with each others strengths.

Eleanor