Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Women that fish...

Re: Women that fish...

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post
    Memo to GW & Herm;

Any ideas? How's the shrine going? I guess I'm available most times.

TOL

TOL it looks about the same as last time you were over LOL Webby refuses to let me cover him in plaster for the finishing touches

May need to get serious with finishing the pizza oven or it means free pizzas to a few friends, I made a bet with them that it would be finished by Christmas I guess I never stated which year so I may have a loop hole yet
    Peter :cool:

Should look something like this when finished
    Peter :cool:

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin View Post
    You love a rampant baboon?

Altogether boys and girls!..........to the tune of, "Tie me kangaroo down sport"

Bestiality's best, boys, bestiality's best
    Love a wallaby

kev
    Oh you're a crackup Kev......

My missus doesn't like fishing at all, says she isn't interested in coming out with me and the kids. But she keeps nagging at me to get my boat fixed, so that I can go. But whenever I talk about actually spending money to get the boat fixed - I'm the worst b@st@rd on earth.

I even suggested that I forget the boat and just go on an occasional charter to satisfy my addiction...... "What..... $150 just to go fishing - what a waste of money"

Even though I have to fix my transom (& maybe stringers) as well as get a new outboard, all up around $10K - she's keen on me doing that.

I just don't understand

Is there some sort of magic pill that I can give her that will open her mind to fishing???

If she was keen on going out, I wouldn't get a case of the guilts every time that I thought about going fishing.

Hi Sea Dog

Re yours

Apparently there is no pill available for this, I too have been unsuccessfully searching for it too.

All is not lost tho, as its been explained to me, we should go fishing etc and take kids or who ever else is in the house so that the-o-half has the the house to her self and is left in peace and quiet to do whatever she will / wishes.

It must be repeated; do not feel guilty, just go; this is her wish. You may not be told this in so many words but it is the way of the world.

Also buy flowers for no reason, (forgot to include cause you love her) , never buy them if you feel guilty or have been bad! Birthdays etc are OK too. Also buy her other useful gifts such as motorbikes that even if she chooses not to ride you still can! Never tried buying her rods etc, thats probably going too far.

Enjoy........

Cheers
    Chimo GOM; (survivor, 34th yr )
    Last edited by Chimo; 23-06-2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: forgot real reason!!! survival skills slipping.
    What could go wrong.......................

I love it that my wife loves to fish I can"t imagine a better fishing partner
    Last edited by craigathome; 23-06-2007 at 08:29 PM.
    tide waits for no man

hey is there any 18-21 year old girls on here that fish?

Talking Re: Women that fish...

My wife fishes with me any time she wants...she just came back from a week at the swains with 9 other guys and fished all day every day...its great..only trouble is that you generally have to buy two of everything

Quote Originally Posted by lenthals_barra View Post
    hey is there any 18-21 year old girls on here that fish?
    Nice work LB. I'd be interested in meeting them too
    Joel
    Fishing for the thrill, not for the kill

haha worth a try ay mate

The big question is how do you get the mrs to go fishing more often, but still have the boys trips without her getting dirty?? It's not like going to the pub - she can't really have a girls weekend out in the boat.....just yet!!

Yep Mangrove Dan, I dont like being left at home. I might miss out on some good fishing action
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Quote Originally Posted by mangrove dan View Post
    The big question is how do you get the mrs to go fishing more often, but still have the boys trips without her getting dirty?? It's not like going to the pub - she can't really have a girls weekend out in the boat.....just yet!!
    Just tell her it's a great opportunity to do girly stuff with her girlfriends. Shopping marathons... nights out on the town... it's all good. Guys and girls have to hang out with their mates occasionally, it's bad form to bring your partner to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by mangrove dan View Post
    Ahhh.... but the Lady Fisher's Awoonga comp is coming up in November. There are a lot of girls having a girls weekend away then