Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Women that fish...

Re: Women that fish...

did a 9hr stint with the missus over xmas,great time had,alot of chit chat, cant beat fishing with your best mate-(wife), she also made some nice nibblies to eat, she told me later when we got home at midnight she had had enough by 10pm but saw i was having a ball and she just kept fishing. god bless her.
    If i could get paid the same to fish, sorry boss but i ......!

themisses

Hey Nic,
    It sure beats an iron!! At least the fishing gear gets used!!(unlike the iron) I have a house cleaner to make more time for fishing on the weekend.
    I have the same problem some people just don't get that we want fishing gear!!
    Cheers Kim.

Hi goeff72

mate i have the same problem with my Wife but she will keep fishing #problem is she knows fine well that i will stay out all night an the next day if given the chance so now she lets me know that she would like to head home soon #

an you are right there is nothing like fishing with your best friend an exspecially when she brings the nibbles she turns around and say's no need to go home all the kids are big enough an ugly enough to look after themselve's now it is to beautiful to go home so a night on the water with your favorite lady under the stars is great #

Mary always tells me to buy the gear for the boat an she knows fine well that any thing to do with he boat an fishing gear is half hers any so either way an she still get flowers occassionally

but Mary still knows that i like to either spend time on the water by myself or with mates an that is fine as well as she knows that i'm fishing not around the pub's or in any trouble

Cheers
    Steve

The funny thing is when someone asks your partner what he gave you for Christmas, and when he says something like "a Shimano Curado CU300DSV" they think he must be a complete tool. It's an uphill battle to convince them that you were actually happy to get it!
    Yeah, my brother organised a rod and reel as a combined gift from my family for my 50th birthday and I was ecstatic. Although I can't say I had anyone making comments which indicated they didn't think I would have liked it, but maybe that's because I sounded so pleased, so they were left in no doubt. And I love tackle shops and checking out all those weird and pretty lures!

Regards Eleanor

did a 9hr stint with the missus over xmas,great time had,alot of chit chat, cant beat fishing with your best mate-(wife), she also made some nice nibblies to eat, she told me later when we got home at midnight she had had enough by 10pm but saw i was having a ball and she just kept fishing. god bless her.
    Oh! That is so sweet. That's how it should be. I suspect my husband gets sick of fishing before I do, too.

Thumbs up Re: Women that fish...

What a great read this thread relating to ladies has been..for as long as I can remember I have been fishing. First with my parents when their only means of transport was a pushbike each.. Most every weekend would be spent on the bank of the Burnett river (Bundaberg)
    Yearly holidays were spent at Elliott Heads catching whiting... this made possible via a bus service.
    Later on after three children I was lucky enough to spend many many years fishing all over the Barrier Reef from Lizard Island to the reefs off Frazer. Fishing the swains reef before the waters were really chartered was an adventure I still cherish. The reefs around Musgrave and Lady Elliott Island were a regular haunt.
    As time went on people moved away and some sadly passed away, this left a big
    gap in my life. My son and his wife were dead keen on fishing so I decided to get a 16ft 1/2 cabin cruiser. We both got a licence and spent lots of enjoyable time around Frazer Island until the grandchildren arrived and I sold the boat..
    My grandson developed a love of fishing so enter a 10ft dinghy. The Burnett river proved a happy hunting ground once again for a few years.
    Time passed he grew older and drifted away with work and girlfriends.
    I moved to Brisbane.. my son moved to Brisbane... I bought another dinghy so I could take a friend and go when he took his family.
    1 Year later he had to move to another town .. the boat was sitting unused for so long I almost sold it.
    My grandson has recently moved to Brisbane so here we go again....I now have a 3.7 Stacer proline and looks like a new 15hp Mercury on Monday....
    hmmmmm If I could just get the trailer back under control all would be rosy!!

i like going fishing with my girlfriend i also like going with my mates luckily neither them go as much as i do so they they alternate weekends

Lots of us gals love to fish, ..I cant think of anything better, well I can, but I wont say.. ..
    I also love to snorkle, and when I move South, Il be doing razor fishing..
    Counting the days..
    Last edited by Chezzy13; 18-04-2007 at 06:15 PM.

Theres Nothing like a good days fishing.

I love fishing with my wife , she even made me get a bigger boat . whats not to love ! she often out fishes me and has now to date caught the biggest barra between us , we laugh , fish , some other stuff and clean the boat together .
    women in fishing comps why not , the way some of the blokes carry on you would call them old women any way .
    cheers fae haggis.......

Quote Originally Posted by Chezzy13 View Post
    Lots of us gals love to fish, ..I cant think of anything better, well I can, but I wont say.. ..
    I also love to snorkle, and when I move South, Il be doing razor fishing..
    Counting the days..
    I bet it is doing the housework??

Another top strand, thanks all.
    The executive does not see the point of fishing, she reckons she can be bored, cold, and grubby whenever she likes without needing to bother with the expense of fishing.
    Last time I actually got her to come fishing was when she was 36 months pregnant and after trying everything else, tried to bore the little worm out. Didn't work.
    Now 13 years later the little wormette is happy to come out in the canoe with me, as long as she can bring the 'special needs' labrador - not conducive to a restful fish, but usually pretty funny.
    Someone else in an earlier post mentioned it and I'll 2nd the motion. We are partners, different bodies heading in the same direction as a team. It is good to have seperate and joint pursuits, I fish without her, and we hassle Le Kid to clean her room together. That said it would be nice to be with someone who understood why the Abu 5600C4 will not do the same job as the new Penn 850.
    Now that both of the 'Shes' in my life are into surfing I may be able to work in a boat capable of getting out to Old Woman Island yet. (Not being sexist Mr. Moderator - that is it's name - It's off Marcoola @ the Sunny Coast.)

Just bought a new boat under the pretence that it's for hubby (i don't think i'm fooling him though ). I love my fishing, although my knowledge is appauling. I come from a non-fishing family that had a riverfront property ... so for lack of anything better to do i taught myself to fish and never stopped.
    My partner and i always fish together and have been taking our kids (now 4 years old) fishing since they were about 1 (yes they are twins). I caught my first Mackeral just 2 weeks ago and got so excited that i decided a new boat was in order. Diving over the top of 2x4 year olds, tripping over an esky and all the rest of the crap on the floor, for my heavily bending rod did not impress me.
    Getting back on topic, I love fishing, and i think my partner loves the fact that I love fishing. If only for the reason that it's easy to buy me presents (pretty much anything he'd like for himself )
    It's great to see so many others out there enjoying it too.

Cheers

I have to wonder why u would evan have to jusify woman fishing. My wife and I fish all the time it has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with passion. We love fishing. full stop. If anyone tells you otherwise why would you put up with it?

My better half has just started fishing.
    If it can be broken, it will be broken.
    She is always falling over in the boat. I have a 5.3 mtr and I find myself cowering in a corner so I don't get hooked.
    She never shuts up and asks the dumbest questions that aren't even related to fishing.
    Her ability to tangle line is second to none
    You know what? I think it would be more peacefull if I took a rampant Baboon on a red cordial diet and............................................... ...........I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by WHALEOIL View Post

I think it would be more peacefull if I took a rampant Baboon on a red cordial diet and............................................... ...........I love it.
    You love a rampant baboon?

Altogether boys and girls!..........to the tune of, "Tie me kangaroo down sport"

Bestiality's best, boys, bestiality's best
    Love a wallaby

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.