Thread: Women that fish...

Re: Women that fish...

I love fishing with my wife ,
    as she has no license she has to lift the anchor
    and I get to look at her wee cute bum bent over
    the front of the boat .
    cheers fae Haggis..........

I think it can help many relationships if you have some things in common, and some time for yourselves. It would help justify the expense of the boat if both can enjoy it.

As for being beaten by a woman. I don't mind, so long as there is gentle spanking to start with.

Fishing is part of my life with my husband! I love it and so does he.

We bought our first boat 22 days after getting married and haven't looked back. We're both always reading fishing mags and getting tips on how we can both do things better.

Out of our 2 week holiday mid-year we spent 11/14 days fishing... so that answers the question of does he get sick of taking me out!! It's just part of our lives like anything else.

Fishing has been part of my life since I was a little one. Luckily I married a bloke who also loved fishing. We lived together, worked together and played together and he still loves taking me fishing. We are now retired and live in a fishing village in central Queensland, so when the weather is good we just jump in the boat and off we go. Think I was "Born to Fish"

I just had another thought,

Here is a question. Of all those who replied who's female wife or partner, who looks after the finances? I call my wife my "finance Director" and she is the one who looks after the bills and payment of them. Don't think I am lazy, I often offer to take some of the responsibility, but she says she is happy playing that role in our marriage.

I think it is in my best interests, if only for my own selfish reasons, to get my wife to enjoy coming out in the boat with me... I probably would not have to beg so hard to spend money on tackle and the boat whenever it needs a major service or something like that

I hope that is not a sexist male thing to say, because what motivated me to say it is that I often feel guilty every time I spend mega dollars on the activity I love so much - boating, but my wife seldom gets the pleasure of using it for herself. Just bought a new trailer for $1600.00, but the total spend on her Chrissy presents would not be more than $100.00, and she earns more money than me!!

Scalem

Hi All
    My wife dosnt fish but does come out in the boat a couple of times a year just crusin. Over the years we do lots together but both have sepeate interest also. I fish for relaxation, my wife does a lot of volenteer comminty things for relaxation and works in age care. We do house reno's together. I supply labour and do what she wants. We do at least one holiday together once a year and then have our seperate trips (mine are generally fishing but not always). Finaces are a joint thing. We sit down at the start of the month and discuss who pays what for the month, some times I pay out more, some times she pays out more. Balance is spent how we want with no questions asked (apart from when I had a new outboard lined up and she had house reno's in mind), she won. I think at the end of the day we have a strong marriage after 25 years that has worked so well for us because of the space and closenest our life style has allowed us.
    cheers
    blaze
    ps
    If she ever decides she wants to fish, she would be first deckie

[warnred]Sexist remarks are not welcome on this site.[/warnred]

Hi there

I've been fishing since I could walk & it is my all-time favourite past time. I love reading any fishing book or mag (even old ones - it is amazing how things have just been re-phrased & re-printed over the years!)

Nothing annoys me more than to see a 'prissie' woman attempting to fish - won't touch the bait, won't touch the fish, won't get her hands dirty - I really can't be bothered with them - the same goes for blokes that act the same way (and there are some!)

My husband doesn't fish - I have my own kayak & boat & lots of gear. 'Santa' just got me a downrigger (I bought it, wrapped it up & 'gave' it to me from him - I figured one of us should get a surprise when I opened it!) I do that each year - I know I will get something I want! You only need so much perfume!

I fish on my own & make the choices on where to go. When camping, we are always by a river, dam, lake or sea.

We only eat what I catch - haven't bought fish for 20 years. I enjoy catching prawns & beach worms. My family knows there is always a fish meal available here.

To be honest, I enjoy the 'being on own' time! Being retired, you don't want to be in each other's pockets all the time. He is out running, swimming and biking 3 times a day (he is a triathlete) - I usually only fish once a day ..... but it could be for 4hrs + !

Life is short, you have to have at least one passion to follow - fishing is mine. If you get a feed, it is a bonus.

At my funeral, they won't be saying 'Gee, she really enjoyed doing the housework!'

Cheers

Arpie

Quote Originally Posted by Herefishyfishfish
    I would think it highly likely that its a common occurance these days. #
    Although I would think it still rare to see a woman in competition? #

Anyway... I do actually have a couple of questions about it #

1. How do you guys and girls feel about women in fishing?
    2. Is a man really interested in having a partner that fishes... considering it means she will be out with him on most fishing trips?
    3. How would you feel about being beaten by a woman in a competition?
    4. Would you seek advice from a female expert?

Thats about it. #Just for curiosities sake. #

Questions for the girls...

1. Do you want to find other women that fish?
    2. Does your partner get sick of taking you out with him?
    3. Are you interested enough in fishing to learn as much as you can about it?
    4. How would you consider your knowledge and technique/skill?

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity! #

Ari

In answer to the questions you posted I think that YES! I would love to catch up with other women that fish! I am the first to admit that I am no expert but I do love to go out and even if I catch nothing I still have a good time. I will go as for as sitting on a charter ralphing all day white my other half catches pearlies so that he can have a good day and be in his company.

We don't own a boat so we head up to maroochy river and hire the polycraft from Swan and have a great time. Brett goes off shore over the seaway with another keen ausfisher but as he only has a small boat I stay home.

Love to learn more. Just getting my head around all the knots and rigs at the moment.... and BCF is my kinda place so in summary YES us girls should get together. I am only 23 and there are not alot of girls my age that are keen to fish with the boys every weekend.. If there are PM me and we should catch up!

regards
    Nichole
    " Put a beer in one hand and a rod in the other and We're in Heaven! "

My wife is very head strong and wants to do it her self, but when it comes to mullet gut she draws the line. . But when it comes to gaffing and rigging her own gear, she a champ.

signed tunaman

I am allergic to fish but love fishing tunaman..... mullet gut i not that bad. not as much as pillies under your nails after a long day.

Hey Nichole... Im 25yo Im keen to go fishing anyday, anytime, anyplace, with nearly anyone LMAO Im a bit too keen perhaps. Up until Pete moved to QLD I only had my father to go with and I bugged him every chance I could to go out fishing with me. Now there is usually no need to bug Pete, he always suggests it before I get the chance to

Arpie... About the prissie girls... and guys... I completely agree I know girls and guys that do the same thing. My sisters boyfriend needs everything done for him because he 'doesnt want to touch anything yucky'. LOL
    Im still girly... I have my nails done, I have manners, Im not crude or disgusting etc etc ... but Im not afraid to get my hands dirty... Im completely self reliant... from setting up my own gear to cleaning my own fish... I have just very rarely caught anything worth keeping LOL
    But... I am still learning... and take the opportunity to learn something new whenever it presents itself.

But when we get enough spare cash up... there wont be any complaints from me when the suggestion of purchasing a boat gets made!

I have never been out past the islands in a boat (fishing that is) and I have never been fishing in fresh water... I'd love to give both a try in the near future

Ari

Hi Everyone

I'm just joined the forum and came across this message while looking at the posts.

1) For me personally I'd like to find other women that fish, unfortunately none of my friends do ( they think i've lost the plot abit lol) so it would be nice to have some friends that you can go out and fish with.

2) My boyfriend is as mad about fishing as what iam so he never gets sick of taking me out, he also has his mates he goes out with, (which i think is great as we all need to do our own thing at times) and i have a friend who i go out with also, who is my best male friend, so it works well. My b/f totally loves the fact i love fishing as amongst everything else we have something else in common that we can share and get enjoyment out of. Apart from the constant compettion that we have going as to who can catch the most fish, all in fun though [smiley=laugh.gif]

3) I'm only new to fishing so im practially enhaling every bit of knowlodge i can, i think with fishing you never stop learning or gaining knowledge, there is so much to learn but that makes it all the more fun. I'm also very keen to get into camping and 4wd'ing so yeh i have alot to learn lol

4) As for my knowledge and skill, i'm getting there, i've picked it up fairly easily and seem to catch fish whenever i go out so i guess i must be doing something right lol.

Anyway that's my thoughts, look forward to chatting to you all, this is such a good forum

Janelle

Quote Originally Posted by Herefishyfishfish
    Hey Nichole... Im 25yo #Im keen to go fishing anyday, anytime, anyplace, with nearly anyone LMAO #Im a bit too keen perhaps. #Up until Pete moved to QLD I only had my father to go with and I bugged him every chance I could to go out fishing with me. #Now there is usually no need to bug Pete, he always suggests it before I get the chance to # #

Arpie... About the prissie girls... and guys... I completely agree #I know girls and guys that do the same thing. #My sisters boyfriend needs everything done for him because he 'doesnt want to touch anything yucky'. #LOL
    Im still girly... I have my nails done, I have manners, Im not crude or disgusting etc etc ... but Im not afraid to get my hands dirty... Im completely self reliant... from setting up my own gear to cleaning my own fish... I have just very rarely caught anything worth keeping # #LOL
    But... I am still learning... and take the opportunity to learn something new whenever it presents itself.

But when we get enough spare cash up... there wont be any complaints from me when the suggestion of purchasing a boat gets made! #

I have never been out past the islands in a boat (fishing that is) and I have never been fishing in fresh water... I'd love to give both a try in the near future

Ari
    Ari,

thanks for your post. Where are you located?? I am at Hattonvale in between Ipswich and Toowoomba and we head up to the Maroochy River all the time, hire a tinnie from swan boat hire and just throw a line in and some cold ones its a great day. My other half is a prison guard and only works 7 days a fortnight so we always have a good time.. Love to do a charter with a few woman, but I am only little and the last charter Brett and I went on was a disaster. I was the only woman and the comments "its bad luck to take women and bananas on a boat" came up all day and I was sick. Brett had fun though it was the charter operator that made the day crap.

Want to get up to awoonga but don't have a boat.

We shoudl get together in the new year for a BBQ and swap stories.

THW,
    Cant have been a fun day on the charter boat.Its bad enough to get crook,without having to put up with sexist crap all day.I don't believe in the banana superstition either.
    Have you tried taking tablets for seasickness.Its a shame not to be able to enjoy the day as you obviously seem to like to go fishing and boating.
    Keep at it and don't let the odd d!ckhead put a dampener on a great pastime.

#Cheers Scott