Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: raby bay ramp bandits strike again

raby bay ramp bandits strike again

hi, went out fishing friday night about 7pm, had a nice
    fish and nap around peel island sth west rocks, sun up
    around myora and later on to harry artificial.
    usual bag of sweetlip and squire. a few sharks and rays
    around the s/w rocks.

returned to raby bay ramp today at about 3pm, sigh of
    relief motoring up to the ramp, car and trailer still there.
    soon replaced by bewilderment as the maverick sat there
    with the windows down, doors unlocked and $hit everywhere.
    not too much there to steal, can of finileak, loose change,
    radio speakers half removed.
    phew, could've been worse, last time they got the car and
    trailer, never to be seen again.

if only i could catch these @rseholes, they'd be dead meat.
    i work shift work, and since my last 'missfortune' do an
    impromtu car park inspection if i'm around in the bewitching
    hours. never got one yet, but their day of reconning will come.

luckily they missed my glock killing knife under the seat,
    that could the one mistake they will regret. .

ramp rats beware.

Re: raby bay ramp bandits strike again

yer I can see wat ur saying here aido #Scott Mathews and I were fishing at the gold coast about 2 yr ago now and came back to find (or not find rather) that his cruzer and trailer had been taken by some1 who obviously needed it more then Scott hence I had to dive back to brisbane and take my boat off me trailer while he waited at the boat ramp lol so we could get his boat back to strathpine *wat a day that was * and to make things worse I dont think we caught that many fish that day either

id set em up hey... do it again next weekend but sit just round the corner... even if it takes all night it will be worth it

bloody oxygen thieves

Wello Point is just as bad lost all my wheel covers after an overnighter, might join one of the boat clubs so I can lock my car up in a compound from now on.
    Anyone got any prices and info for the one at Raby Bay?
    Hicksy

Needmorerum

I've got a fairly well kitted out 80 series Cruiser that was built to do the long haul out west and for towing the boat all around this great country of ours, 6 months ago I bought a new Stacer Proline Angler and they come with a trailer that has 'pretty' white wheels and 'pretty' white plastic mudguards, (offroad trailer yet to be built) since owning this I haven't been game to leave it at any of our 'out of the way' dirt ramps, I normally get the missus to come out with me and launch the boat and then she goes home, I then ring her to come and pick me up. If I end up waiting 10-20 minutes for her to get there, thats fine, at least I know that I'm going home with everything that I left with. It's such a pitty that these ferrals have turned our great country into what they have. I would be more than happy to assist someone in setting up these ferrals to enable them to get there just deserved.
    Hope you catch what your 'fishing' for!!!

Cheers
    Corry

my mate lost his car and trailer at woy woy. he went home to get his old trailer and when he got back the boat was gone. it was found up near port macquarie heading north. they took his car and waited for him to come back hoping he would leave the boat. they backed up and took it as well.
    think they got 12 months. what a waste

SET THE TRAP TURN THE LOWLIFE SCUM BAGS INTO "BERLY" FEED THE FISH THEY GET BIGGER! IS BITTER FOR THE HOOKUP

ADS

Makes you want to arrange some vigilante group and have a stake out over a couple of night. Probably end up catching some 16 year old kid, who gets off with a good behaviour bond while you go to gaol for grabbing him in the act.

next time take your glock pistol may be more help

this sort of thing is happening more and more these days,a set up would be a good idea,leave a wallet a packet of cigarets and a box on the back seat to tempt them and sit in the darkness with a couple of mates and see what happens [smiley=curtain.gif]

What do you do with your boat if trailer is stolen?

What a horrible thought

read coastys report on page 1.....dont leave your boat unattended in that situation

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo
    What do you do with your boat if trailer is stolen?

What a horrible thought
    it happen to my old man a few years back at the same ramp at raby bay, came back after a great days fishing and the tralier to our 20 ft mustang was gone, had to head into the canal's and try to find a house with a pontoon that wasn't being used till we could find a second hand trailer to buy....
    I just had a tralier made for my little boat and there is know way I'll ever leave it at a ramp.

cheers chris

Ummm heres a thought... why not take the kill switch key? it won't stop them but it'll slow them down. I'm in luck being able to just take the fuel line with me because i have a portable tank but even still there has to be some way of doing it.

After reading this i'm a bit worried about parking my worked commodore there with the trailer now.. :S