Thread: Found (caught) rod & reel at the Pin

Found (caught) rod & reel at the Pin

I pulled up a rod and Alvey reel at the Pin - you'll have to identify it and where it was lost to claim ownership.
    The reel is green, the rod is black - as new condition.

Dave ><>

Re: Found (caught) rod & reel at the Pin

was the travelly still hook up

No fish - in fact there was no line left on the reel so I'd assume it was pulled over by a fish.

Dave ><>

CHRIS_aka_GWH

dave,
    its not mine but I was 100m away from a husband & wife combo that lost a setup near the treeline on south straddie - I don't know them but OH the lanuage... They were in swank white half cabin

chris

hey chris who lost the gear husand or the wife
    ill say some colourful language was used hmmmmmmmmmmmm

No the same gear - I caught this just north of the old Hubner's Hut.

I did a clean up a few weeks ago and counted 52 rods - I really don't need another!

But I lost one then caught one - must some spooky association there!

Dave ><>

G'day fishos,

Nugget: What are the rods bighting on at the moment? SP's, Dead/Live bait?

just for kidds

That outfit took a Deception Shrimp in deep purple colour with yellow eyes.
    I thought I had a hit earlier with a Golbourne Jack but missed it - the Purple lures worked on the day.

Dave ><>

hi nugget it does not sound like mine but if you ever come across a brown two piece rod with a four inch alvey give me a bell cheers brewman

Give me a few more details Brewman - I hear a lot.
    Rod brand, reel type and aprox location.
    Dave ><>

G'day Nugget I could not tell the brand but it is a 7 and half foot rod two piece with four inch yellow alvey it is about 20 years old. One of the runner's recently was re-done. I lost it at Whalleys gutter we were camping there when the king of the pin was on I left it on the beach with a small boat rod with a shimano 4000 reel not a bad effort to lose two rods in one day cheers brewman

I wasn't going to put a post up because its a good 10 or 12 months ago but i had a brand new ugly stik/3500 baitrunner pulled in just south of the wellington point leads. all brand new and still not replaceable (for me) to this day.

Nugget I lost a very similar outfit whilst putting down rod at the back of crusoe to get a sanga. over she when like a frieght train. It was a synder glass rod black in colour and the alvery was a fibreglass back. Now it was a while ago was wondering if you ever found its owner. marty

sharkbait : let me guess you forgot to engage the baitrunner
    done that a few times and nearly lost rods in the same area

vert - you got it, and the drag was done up tight from a snag the cast before. The rod was actually airborne it got hit so hard. The bloke fishing next to us that night had a 3kg squire from 6ft of water, best one I've seen there - maybe something similar was the culprit as they hit bloody hard in the shallows.