Thread: stolen boat trailer

stolen boat trailer

G'DAY,
    I would like to begin at the boat ramp where this will take you and understand if this hasn't happened to you.My son and his mate decided after work on sunday night would do some fishing,salt water,something my wife and i wanted our son to grow up to enjoy,do it right and respect rules and other persons property ect.Well i said begin at the boat ramp.when he and his mate arrived back to the boat ramp 4am,walked to his car,had to look twice,couldn't believe his eyes,the trailers gone,then he thought " someones having a go with me"after looking arround he soon come to realise its happen to him. Something you only hear of and when you report your stolen property to police,its as common as grass and after looking around for another trailer i'm told,its easy if your a low life you just go out and steal another one, throw the vin and number plates away and just re-regester it and no one cares,it appears. I'm like drift wood, back to the boat ramp,at cabbage tree point,monday morning,10/11/03,4.25 am, using a phone box,mobile had no signal, rang me,I knew as soon as i heard his voice somethings real wrong as he is a very inderpendent,level headed person, but at that point i wouldn't of liked the persons who stole the trailer to have still been there, level headedness would have gone with the light breese that was there. Rembering 4.25am,as i said.and cabbage tree point,well we got the boat home ( ipswich ) by 10.30am. oneway its a 55 min trip, easy. This trailer had a limited life as it WAS a oil fill frame made with 3 x 2 box section, homemade,vin/chassis:6t9t22abgxoaabo49,rego ax4886,expire date 11/7/04. While and you should take a good look around after/ while you park before leaving your boat ramp, whose there and even if you can strike up a conversation with a few around a bit of time puts your mind at ease of whose local or not. there were people there that night, but my son likes to mind his own bisness.When i arrived at cabbage tree pt.i called in to a shop for a breakfast icecoffee a very nice lady served my mate and myself, she knew we wern't locals by comment,as soon as we said why we were there one comment she made was its proberly in the cane fields somewhere, like it was as common as grass. I don't expect to see this trailer again,I'm angry, but I think if i had more time i would like to use my energy to doing something towards making it impossible for low lifes to be in this racket and getting away with it.I must mention there was a summerset dam permit sticker next to the rego sticker which is not that common around salt water and it was built for a 4.5 fibreglass v-hule.You might see it parked while your casing your eyes around.
    PS.take the time to use any security prevenitive measures you can to have a safe and secured trailer to make a more pleasureable fishing trip.
    thank you for reading this to get awareness for others and thank you for having a website that has aloud me to get rid of some hot air.
    tight lines.
    tail-light.

Re: stolen boat trailer

sorry to hear mate i know the feeling but i just didn't get the trailer stoler i got the whole lot boat and trailer stolen from my front yard while i was home mind you so know what its like even worse know i could have just gone to the window and seen who it was # anyway just wondering how you got the boat home?
    p.s will keep eye out.
    p.s.s is there any system on the market at the moment that you can place on your car to stop this? i am a boilermaker by trade and would look into making some up! but not a copy due to copyright laws!

imported_admin

Shano

is there any system on the market at the moment that you can place on your car to stop this?
    A couple mate http://www.ausfish.com.au/trailer/

g'day shano,
    ya i borrowed a large box trailer off a mate, and i mean a mate esspecially when you wake him by phone, a shift worker as well, the first thing he said was, how soon will you be here.we through some large pieces of carpet in the back.yar' we unloaded everything out of the boat and into the back of my cruiser ute and tied the down on the trailer.i'm not sure, but i hear there has been a mob caught down sydney for steeling boats and trailers, something about had them in containers to ship over seas.surposely it was on channel 10 news recently, i never heard it but like i say the powers to be and assocated wouldn't worry it dosn't affect them just more work for them along with extra paper work. yar i know sarcastic, but ya can't help being dirty,we work hard and long for a little recreation for sanity.sorry to hear about your issue, its even worse than owers cricky least we still got our boat.i also heard from a person who lost his 4 wheel drive and boat & trailer. did you have insurance or you whern't like me and had none.it might take me 12 months to save for but i think i would like to buy a redco sportsman trailer, $1050 best price so far, wynnum marine. i hear on the north side there a place called "special trailer", i need to check more out. so if you have any web sites for trailers would you pass them on, i'm gratefull for your reply.
    tight lines
    tail-light.

Special Trailers are at Brendale. Ph 38813568. I have one under the Lightning. Well built & good value.
    With a bit of luck the scum who took yours will have a blowout at 90 km & suffer the consequences.
    ROLL TIDE, ROLL.................

Regards,
    Peter

G'day Tail light,

Cabbage Tree point, I guess it's as bad as as anywhere especially at 4.30 in the moring, but Rudy Maas is just around the corner or Horizon Shores too. I guess its no guarantee that nothing will happen but it certainly reduces the risks. Yeah I know they cost a bit to launch, but its better than loosing your trailer to some scum bag.

I have a Locked-it trailer lock, which stays on ALL the time whether at home or at the ramp, remember the X Files..... Trust No One !!! ( or is that The Truth is out there ???) oh well, Trust NO One !!!

I have a Tinka trailer now and it's damn good but a little exe. Last trailer was a Special Trailer and I must say very good at that too and budget priced, I think about 900 to 1000 $$ (fully Gal too) to suit the CC Rouge at the time.

Will certainly keep an eye out for your trailer, you never where it could turn up.

Cheers,
    Skippa 8)
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

thanks for that steve mate good price too no need for me to make any now lol damn good price! and no i had no insurance either!

Re: stolen boat trailer REPLACEMENT

G'DAY PETERBO3,
    THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, MY SON AND I WENT DOWN TO BRENDALE THIS MORNING. WE LOOKED AT THE SPECIAL TRAILER AND THEN WENT AROUND TO BELCO, I THINK THERE TRAILERS INPRESSED US THE MOST. NOW IT WILL DEPEND ON PRICE, AVAILABILITY BEFORE CHRISTMAS IS GOOD,SPECIAL TRAILERS HAVE NOTHING THIS SIDE OF CHRISTMAS. I THINK BELCO WOULD BE THE STURDYIST FOR PRICE. TO SUIT THE HORIZON H/DUTY $1125 + FOR SPARE TYRE AND NO REGO. THEY DO WELD A PRODUCTION CODE UNDER FRAME BEFORE THEY ARE GALVERNISED. THE TRAILER WILL SUIT A V HULL AND 4.1 M BOATTO BE VERSITILE FOR LATER RON.GOT TO RUN, SEE YOU LATER.
    TAIL-LIGHT.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I also have a homemade trailer & decided to weld the VIN on the chassis rather than attach a plate. This is quite legal & makes removal of the VIN virtually impossible. A VIN can be obtained well before rego (in QLD anyway) and it wouldnt hurt if trailer manufacturers looked into this.
    Hope you find the scum even more than I hope you find the trailor.
    Good luck

On most trailers i've had there is a little casting to fit a smallish padlock on to lock the quick release coupling on to your car. Fair bet it was not professionals as they would probably have gone for that shiny new Dunbier trailer next door instead of your box section steel trailer. A padlock may be the difference between 30 seconds of unhitching and 5 minutes belting the crap out of a padlock or walking around with bolt cutters. A lockable hitch pin if you have a box section gooseneck is the go Too!

too bad about your loss. never been that lucky. i bought the trailer you are thinking about, has one major fault, you can't move the axel/gaurds back or forwards to fine tune the boat load to adust for towball weight. i up sized my motor and had to add balast(fishing tackle thankfull) to get balance right for good towing.try YOUR boat on prospective trailer goodluck