Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crab Pot Stealing Thugs

Crab Pot Stealing Thugs

If you live in or around the Townsville Region, watch out guys and gals the Crab Pot Stealers are out and about yet again. I had 2 stollen pots a week ago and a mate of mine had 3 pots, floats the lot. The Bohle Boat Ramp is also an amusement to some who like to break into your cars and destroy trailers left parked whilst your out having a good days fishin.
    To the Low Life's that have nothing else to do with their time than to ruin someones fishing time, have the guts or balls to confront those that you like to ruin.

Regards Skilly >

Re: Crab Pot Stealing Thugs

Im with ya there Skilly.These scumbags that have nothing better to do should go and find a job and then they might realize that people work hard for what they own.Oh yer there big and tough when there with all there mates full of piss and bad manners.Yes it would be good to have a few moments alone with one at a time.All you can hope for skilly is that what goes around comes around.

I know your frustration with crab pot thieves.

I've had mine stolen many times also.

Perhaps report these incidents to the Water Police or Local Police.

I do. Unfortunately it has never helped me to get my stolen gear back but at least they know current trends of where things are getting stolen from etc and can make patrols accordingly.

Louis

Make sure you have your name on a tag on your pot. Fisheries will check that pots are labelled both on the float and the pot and if it is not labelled on the pot it will go back to their warehouse for destruction at a later date.

having pots stolen is a kick in the guts but having ya car done over and trailer vandled is another I dont think there is a word for these low life's.

I guess I have had 10 to 15 pots stolen over the last 2 years. Now I basically sink them or don't leave any out overnight. Sinking can be a bit of a pain when youre trying to find them again but if you take some good marks and tie a number of them together in a line then use a small hook to snag the line it ends up not too bad.

tinnieboy

Trust me u don't need to leave your pots in overnight, we had two pots stolen from the Fiztroy River in Rocky in a matter of 10 minutes. We set them, went out of sight of them to cast for bait and returned to find them GONE. 10 Minutes U have to physically not let them out of your sight which ruins a good day crabbin/fishing.

I lost 12 out of 12 pots in one day >

Hey guys/gals,
    Caught out one of the red-neck low-life that was stealing crab pots though got no evidence. It was a blue Barra boat name can't be mentioned in case he's on Ausfish(the only boat seen) down near our pots.
    Could be wrong though, but doubt it seriously when I was out fishing and crabbin with me mate, who also noticed same boat etc.
    Just hope the crabs had a worms or choked the bastard.
    Skilly

Flounder

I hope that crab pot theives get their fingers chopped off by a crab! And then they fall out of the boat and get eaten by sharks! I think the best thing to do is leave your pots out and fish near them so you can watch them.

my suggestion is weld a large plate onto your pots (large plate=large welds=longer time to grind of) and or/toat trailers ect then engrave your name and other details onto it.

A Policeman from the water police told me once that it is very important to make sure that your details are affixed to the pot itself as well as the float as not only is it a requirement of the Fisheries Regulations Act but that when they do a search on a suspects house for stolen crab pots often the thieves have stacks of crab pots lying around and although they tend to rip the float off, many times they tend to leave the name tags attached to the pots and subsequently when the Police do the raid they can identify the owner of the pots and return the pots to the rightful owner.

Louis

brentasauros

yer..I..don't..do..it..to..others..and..plz.,.for. .your..own..sake..dont..lift..mine...

Well I'm on my l
    last 4 crab pots, mush be something or someone in the water that loves em. To ever has a keen eye for there pots please by all means drop in and have a couple of beers with me, I'm sure we'd have heaps to chat about. Like for eg : How to make CRAG soup, Crab entree's etc.
    Regards Skilly

I remember reading a couple of years ago about a fisheries operation to stop buggers raiding crab pots - if I recall correctly they put tracking bugs on some crabs, put them in a pot and then went out of sight. If they got a reading showing the crabs moving they went off and busted the people responsible. Sounds like they should be doing some more of this type of thing.