Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Found BOAT!!!

Darryl

Re: Found BOAT!!!

The water police have contacted me and are trying to track down the owner.If that fails i will own the net boat apparently..As stated previously it hasn't been a commercial fishing vessel in 4 years, also the boat is STOLEN, not put in the mangroves for later use. The fuel was salt water , the boat was full of fresh water, the engine bolts were seized on also.

The boat is built well and other than stains from fresh water inside it's in bloody good nick. I will have no hesitation in keeping it after 3 months and after tomorrow it will be in my yard as the water police want me to grab it and hold onto it till the owner can or cannot be found.

If he isn't found it will make a great first boat for my young bloke. And lets hope people have the maturity to see this style of boat and realise that these style boats arn't just used for commercial fishing. Infact one of the best fishing boat i had was a glass over ply dory shaped vessel that i spent day after day offshore in.

Darryl...................

hey crestcutter, i hope your youngfella gets a load of use out of it and even more enjoyment, nothing like your first boat i think, thats if its not claimed.

as for maturity lets say it wont be found on the lost/stolen
    forum on ausfish...

Bloody Hell darryl
    You will have to buy another block of dirt to keep all your boats on soon. Either that or start a boat hire buisness.

Cheers Dazza

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHunt
    I'll take that as an apology.
    I like it when people are big enough to admit when they are wrong. #
    I don't have a problem apologising when I am wrong, but that wasn't an apology [smiley=hammer.gif]
    As you can clearly see from crestcutters post, the boat was stolen. And in your eyes this is ok, you have completely overlooked the facts here [smiley=wut.gif] it doesn't matter who owned the boat or what his occupation was the fact is it is a stolen boat. I might not like what you do for a living but that doesn't give me the right to steal and burn your boat now does it [smiley=wut.gif]
    [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif]
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Hey Crestcutter,

Might be an idea to spruce it up a bit - wouldn't want your young fella out having a lazy day and along comes some c-hunt and starts abusing him and trying to set fire to him because he's in a NET BOAT!!!!

Good luck on your find mate - did you end up keeping one of those seagulls to run it?
    nil carborundum illegitimi

got any pics of the new pride and joy???

GBC makes a good point, you wouldn't want the young fella to be set upon by some vigilante types who assume he is a netter or dare I say of the yellow raincoat brigade ?
    If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, politicians must be from uranus ?

hey seahunt pull your head in!!!!!!!

jesus your a piece of work &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;

You can locate the registered owners by ring the RTA in NSW, if not try QLD transport and see how you go..

have you been on it to find out anymore information??

PM me if you need a hand
    " Put a beer in one hand and a rod in the other and We're in Heaven! "

Mate you might end up with your very own mother ship great for the week ender or the voyage up to the tropics , keep us posted on the outcome.

TT

I dont think it is apropriate to set fire to other peoples belongings, sounds a bit vigilante to me. I can understand how someone would dislike pro netters, as I really dont like what they do either, but if you dont go through the LEGAL chanels on this one you would be just as bad as the CRIMINALS who stole it in the first place. However, I see the view that it may have been used illegally in Qld but how can you support that without nowing something specific abou the boat?

Meanwhile, has anyone come forward for the boat yet?
    Last edited by RobGoesFish; 07-02-2007 at 09:36 AM.

Tropicaltrout, from Cooly mate, i grew up for 17 years. Plenty of great jewies on yaroomba beach, been getting stuck into them?
    Jewienewie

Quote Originally Posted by JEWIENEWIE View Post
    Tropicaltrout, from Cooly mate, i grew up for 17 years. Plenty of great jewies on yaroomba beach, been getting stuck into them?
    Jewienewie
    Hey Jewienewie

No way I also grew up in Coolum, I lived there for 23 years. What is your last name????? I probably know you!

Small world mate, just sent you a pm, had a look at your profile and we are the same age, very good chance we know each other.
    Matt

alot of people on this forum have to much time on their hands , if they did all the things they said they did they would run out of hours in the day

Quote Originally Posted by abbot_86 View Post
    alot of people on this forum have to much time on their hands , if they did all the things they said they did they would run out of hours in the day
    is this why your on here mate