Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mates Boat Stolen   - reward offered

Re: Mates Boat Stolen   - reward offered

G'day all

I am pleased to let you know that we have had a huge slice of luck with this missing boat. It has turned up in Adelaide, and we are getting it back.

A big thankyou to all who kept their eyes open, and to all those out there in the same predicament, keep the faith - sometimes the system does work, even if it is a bit slower than we would like.

See you on the water sometime.

TINY
    </SPAN>

Re: Mates Boat Stolen &nbsp; - reward offered

That is great news. What condition is it in?
    Get a cover note on the thing…now.

Congratulations guy's that is great news. hopefully she's been treated well. fill us all in on how ya tracked her down.

I hope the people knocked it off fall into a fence several times head first.

Quote Originally Posted by tinymonster View Post
    G'day all

I am pleased to let you know that we have had a huge slice of luck with this missing boat. It has turned up in Adelaide, and we are getting it back.

A big thankyou to all who kept their eyes open, and to all those out there in the same predicament, keep the faith - sometimes the system does work, even if it is a bit slower than we would like.

See you on the water sometime.

TINY</SPAN>
    That is great news. I would have given you whatever odds you liked that that boat was gone forever.

Can you let us know how it was tracked down????

WTFH

That bloody good to hear mate
    Id love to hear how they managed to track it and who actually found it
    I hope your brother goes out first thing and insures the beauty
    Matt

g'day mate that is great news but it would probally pay to insure it now and do yous know if they got the person or persons who stole it.
    cheers tassie JR

In a short period, the boat had been sold 4 times since it was stolen. It was "sold on the side of the road in QLD" to a bloke who paid $35,000 cash & didn't get a reciept, who it appears re-birthed the boat in Western Australia. It was then sold again in WA once and probably twice, before heading to South Australia.

The thieves weren't totally dumb, and stamped a new engine number onto the motor in an obvious spot as a decoy. When the last guy took it in for a service, a very alert mechanic noticed that the engine number was in the wrong place, and checked the correct place to find it had a diferent number - and it showed up as stolen. I don't know who the mechanic was, but if I ever find out I will buy him copious ammounts of BEER. THANKS DUDE, WHOEVER YOU ARE.

So the Mechanic reported the stolen motor to the cops and they contacted us. At that stage we didn't think that the motor would be still attached to the same boat & trailer, but it turns out that it is, and even the GPS, Sounder, radios etc are all still there & only the safety gear & anchors/ropes have been removed.

The condition of the boat is prety good. It is not as pristine as when it was taken, but it has crossed the country twice and racked up a lot of hours on the water. A couple of the temporary owners took good care of it while it was in their posession.

Needless to say my brother is over the moon, and in a couple of weeks, will have it looking like new again. And he already has the boat insured (lesson learned).

All up, it boiled down to a huge slice of luck and a very alert mechanic.

TINY

ya can be lucky mate.....

That's great news! feel sorry for the last bloke though he will be seriously out of pocket!!

That first fella needs some serious investigation, the cops will probably bury it.

cheers fnq

It's nice to hear a happy outcome once in a while . still hope they catch the scum. Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Wow, that is fantastic news, If I were you I would pull out all stops to find out who that Mechanic is, he has done you an enormous favour, send him a shit load of beer or whatever to say thanks

An amazing outcome, I'd have thought it would be in NZ now, or like you say, motor in one place, boat in another

Good for you
    If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, politicians must be from uranus ?

That first guy made a cool 35K cash, that still pisses me off.

That is a great outcome. You're brother is one lucky bugger.

Its interesting to hear it shifted hands so many times in such a short period. Maybe they all suspected something was up. $35,000 sounds way too cheap, and when its too cheap its probably too cheap for a reason.