Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tag & release a far better option- crazy **VIDEO**

Tag & release a far better option- crazy **VIDEO**

Some crazy footage i got from my last trip to Vanuatu. This Blue Marlin gave them hell and unfortunately ended up food for the locals. I was more then happy to stand back and watch the mayhem #$%@^

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

Re: Tag & release a far better option- crazy **VID

After seeing that it isn't any wonder that one ended up as food for the locals. Copped a pounding just to get it onto the boat. Good footage. Thanks for sharing. Regards,

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

I think I would call it for a "green marlin" not a blue
    cheers
    blaze

Tough struggle... and unlucky marlin!

I wonder if they know how to catch and release!

Daz

Blaze that fish was on for well over an hour before getting it boatside and still looked like it was green. That fish was hooked in 1137mtrs of water and with the amount of line out it was at one stage estimated to be atleast 500mtrs deep and really took some time to raise back up.

Daz
    Believe it or not most marlin over there are tagged and released. All Charter operaters there are very keen to look after the fish stocks and it's usually only the local fishos who keep them. This fish was kept because it was nicked by the prop during the fight.

Regards Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

its a shame it didnt get one of them!!!

G'day
    So.... that'd be oe of the reasons why you have a marlin door on the boats nowadays?

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

Muddy_Toes

What a joke! Poor fish wouldn't have known what was going on.... I was waiting for one of the blokes to get jabbed, Steve Irwin style

Great footage though Reefmaster.

MT

Quote Originally Posted by jeffo
    its a shame it didnt get one of them!!!

Great footage Reefmaster!

Mick.

One very cranky fish.
    Allmost wish it had jabbed one of those boofs who were putting it thru so much.
    Nothing wrong with takeing a fish as long as its not wasted and its finished off as quickly as possible.
    Think the deckies bit off a bit more than they could chew.

Jesus ! check your own tackle after that been thrashing around !

True island style, I wonder if the locals ate the remora hanging off it. Abit of an eye opener, though good video all the same, kendall

one reason I have disire to fish for bill fish, but as said above, nothing wrong with take it for a feed
    Rainbow Trout is NOT skittle flavoured fish.........

the poor b#@$ in the chair was probably remorseful that he caught it!!!!!!!

christ i would be,,,after an hour of fighting it,,,then having it handled in that manner,,,

i suppose if your trying to commit suicide by drowning, and if you have the "" Larry Curly & Mo"" rescue team,,,, as the video depicts,,, your chances of survival are slim,,

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

hussy

ever seen a gugong, or turtle pulled into a boat and killed? ( legally for food) not much difference, but no outcrys. a lot of stress for that marlin, about the same as a livey with a hook in its back , or a spaniard with a gaff through its head ,just a size differance. they probably do know of catch and release, but unfortunately they eat fish #like we do , As for its a shame it didn,t get one of them, not a good comment as what they were doing is not much different to what we sometimes do in the moment of excitement. # hubby