Thread: Where to wade

Where to wade

With the arrival of a new child I'm a bit restricted on time available to get the boat on the water. As an alternative I'm looking at locations to get in a few quick hours of wading. Anywhere salt or fresh water that's accessible by car where I can get a bit of exercise and have a bit of fun with fly or lure but not more than an one hours drive from Brisbane. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    J
    PS-I have reproduced this message in both the saltwater and freshwater chat locations. If you have anything in these areas please let me know.

Re: Where to wade

Jed
    Mate, to answer your question if you love wading for whatever reason and are looking for somewhere close to you that you stand a decent chance of a fish, try around bribie (red bach, whitepatch, bongaree, ningi creek) and golden beach on the pumicestone passage up at caloundra. Fish any decent drop off, preferably with a bit of current going past it or any flat with a lot of water coming off it, the best flats for this type of fishing have heaps of yabby holes and weedbeds etc and are more likely to have bait coming off them. If you are fishing the same spots on a rising tide try and aim for low light periods. I have been doing a bit of wading lately and although i do it bare footed and without a stripping basket, i would recommend some wading shoes (for protection against stingrays, fortescues, stonefish and other nasties...) I would also recommend getting a stripping basket to make long casts easier... i only wade clean sandy locations- too scared for other stuff
    Anyway mate, as i said in that email a week ot two back, give me a yell if you want to have a fish.
    Geoff

Brett_Finger

Re: Where to wade

Quote Originally Posted by Jedster
    With the arrival of a new child I'm a bit restricted on time available to get the boat on the water. As an alternative I'm looking at locations to get in a few quick hours of wading. Anywhere salt or fresh water that's accessible by car where I can get a bit of exercise and have a bit of fun with fly or lure but not more than an one hours drive from Brisbane. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    J
    PS-I have reproduced this message in both the saltwater and freshwater chat locations. If you have anything in these areas please let me know.
    Jedster,
    mate give me a yell and i'll come for a fish with ya, have the boat down here now!!!!
    hookin, Brett