Thread: Only 5 days to go till opening weekend !!!!

Scott_Mitchell

Only 5 days to go till opening weekend !!!!

Well another trout season is nearly apon us - You'll be able to leave the tying bench and load the vest ! The weather has jumped straight into spring to boot.

Matt went up to Tantangarra during the week and had fish jumping for dragon flies in September ! They also managed a few fish on midge through the day. Tantangarra has fished well on the fly over the last month, and is still up on good ground - although dropping slowly at the mement.

Eucumbene and Jindabyne are both rising fairly quickly, and will be up over good ground shortly. You want to fish in the shallower area's where it's warming first, and there's more insect activity. We have seen some fantastic fish coming in from the troller's and baitfisherman ( Weighed a beautiful 10lb brown yesterday from Jindabyne taken trolling off East Jindabyne in the middle of the day!)So the fish are active and in the margins - If you don't see any movement try using an intermediate or sinking line with yabby paterns like wooly buggers. Fishing around the rocks and clay beds.

The rivers have all had a good flush through winter, with the Monaro looking greener than it has in years. The Mac has been in flood three times since July ! This warm weather may get a few duns happening as well.The Eucumbene and Thredbo rivers are running hard and still have quite a few rainbows hanging back after spawning, and should provide some good fast water nymphing.

All in all things are looking good for the opening - so call in for a cuppa on your way through !

STORE HOURS OVER OPENING WEEKEND

Monday 24th through Wednesday 26th - 9am till 5.30.

Thursday 27th 9am till 6pm - or later if busy.

Friday 8am till 9 pm - or later if busy.

Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th 7am till 7pm - or later if busy.

Monday 1st October 7am till 6pm.

Your all invited to a special even on the 29th of September !

We will have Steve Starling and Kaj "Bushy" Busch in our store between 10 am and 2 pm on Saturday the 29th of September (Opening weekend )- signing their fantastic new book " How to catch bream on lures & flies" we will have both hard and soft cover versions available on the day - although there is a limited amount of hard covers left. You can order your copy in advance and collect them on the day by calling us on 02-6452-5538 or Email on alpangle@alpineangler.com.au

Every one who purchases a book on the day will go in a draw to win $100.00 dollars worth of either lures or flies of their choice. This will be drawn by one of the boy's at 2 pm In- store.

Regards Scotto

Brett_Finger

Re: Only 5 days to go till opening weekend !!!!

Scotto,
    mate sounds like the the boys won't be doing to much sleeping waiting for the big day
    if i manang eto make it donw to the store for the "celiberity book sighning "and me and Mr Starling are in the place toughter....THEN YA BETTER HAVE LOOOOOOOTS OF FOOD!!!!
    am faily keen to pop down to say hi and have a fish.will keep in touch.
    Hookin, Brett

Scott_Mitchell

Brett: Nice chat forum the boys have put together here. Its so good to see so many ways for the angling community to communicate now days.It will dramatically accelerate ground breaking news and lobby effort in the interest of angling.

We would enjoy having you down some time - even get out for a fish. This weekend should be great , Steve and Bushy are always good company.

There's no good skinny fisherman either

Regards Scotto

Brett_Finger

will do big boy,i'll be in touch 8)
    Hookin, Brett

Scott_Mitchell

Fitzy: I also believe the altitude locally has an effect - I always feel thinner on the coast

I've been using that one for so long now - I'd better stick with it. It's actually shorts and T-Shirt weather down here at the moment - Roll on summer 8)

Regards Scotto

Scotto long time no speak,this will be the first opening l've missed in a long long time and l'm almost sad, the only thing that is keeping my mind off my beloved trout are the tarpon,flatties,trevs and the odd jack

Good fishing
    Travis

PS say hello to Matt for me thanks

Scotto!!

Scott0,

I go a way, and I find you lurking around here.

Only 13 sleeps till Weipa. I got all my flights sorted out no thanks to Flightwest/Ansett/Air NZ.

You'll melt when you get up to the Cape. Did the Camberra mod get into some permit on the Eclipse??

I better get tying the crab flies!!!

Wes

Scott_Mitchell

Wes: The boys from Canberra caught 5 permit between 13 and 18 lb's - and lost a few more. There where apparently heaps along the beaches - and some really big ones up to approx 30lb's !

They also caught a 28lb milkfish fishing with Fish out from Weipa after the trip - It's a hooter !

Glad to hear you've sorted out your flights as well - we're also organised for our Archer trip in November . I can't wait either 8)
    Regards Scotto

Brett_Finger

Mmmmmmmmm,
    Big Barra off the beach 8)
    Hookin, Brett

Scotto..sounds like those boys had a great time....then agian who doesn't when they are fish up off the cape...
    A heap of permit and a bloody 28lb milky what a fish!!!!
    Now that thing would haul...
    Some of the guys up in Cairns have been hooking up on the smaller model milkys and are having a ball..Just got to find the time myself to get out for a look..
    At times they congragate up of the flats up here, more than likely they feed of the algea growth that happens in the shallows as the water warms up.....

Wes.....sounds like you are going to have a ball....worst thing about those trips is the coming home....Take care mate..

Cheers Steve Ooi.....