Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strudwick fly rods!!

Re: Strudwick fly rods!!

New to the site and thought I would say hello. I am looking at upgrading rods and was wondering what the differance is between the DBT and BWS rods and how much differant will they feel in the hand? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Brett_Finger

Re: Strudwick fly rods!!

Bullwinkle,
    since the first post re/ struddy's i have looked into this great Aussie product a bit more.

DBT - Dean Butler Taper, is a serious SWF series, thay are extreamly light and crisp to cast.
    thay feature a high Modulus graphite rateing, which gives you the lightness and castability.
    this series taper gives for finer diameters for eazy loading. as for the guides thay are Fuji silicon carbite stripper guides,
    aluminium.
    an aluminum reel seat and super hard snake guides.
    the fighting capabilites are sweeeet! when locked to mediun sized tuan it's possable to boat them in reasonable time frames.useing the down and dirty tenique you can roll a good sized tuna in quick time!!

BWS - Blue Water Series, this is the mid-range saltwater fly rod series.
    as with most of the Strudwick rods i have tryed, these have fantastic lifting power and you will not find a rod of similer price to compare them with as thay are in a class of there own!!
    as with the DBT thay are a find taper blanc with lightness to amaze, FUJI Guides and premium grad corks!!
    hope this helps,
    Hookin,Brett