Thread: 'Nother First

Jack_Lives_Here

'Nother First

Scratched up 3 Murray Cod on the wand over the long weekend down the New England area. All under size 40 - 48cm but fun all the same. Temp was a bit down and they wern't real co-operative.

Got absolutely done over by a beauty in one hole and lost my best cod fly best cod fly 'cause I already caught 2 fish on it. Done me on 25lb leader. Rolled one in the same hole about 3 hours earlier on the baitcast gear, that was a good fish (5kg +) - probably one in the same animal.

Jack

Re: 'Nother First

Well done Great Sportfish the Murray Cod.
    I have take a few on the biggest loudest dahlbergs i could find. What flies did u use?? I took a couple of good ones a few weeks back from a local creek, one sucked down a Dalhberg the other a woolly Bugger with a large foam head.

Good fishin'

CJ

Good one fellas. Just got the cod urge out of my system with a trip to new england a few weeks ago & you lot go & tease me up again.
    Gonna have to hit Coolmunda soon I think!!

Good stuff, Got any pics guys?

Cheers,
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Good stuff Jack!
    Mulwala is great for surface codding, but most surface caught fish are small.

Have had sessions there with 20 -30 hits in 3 hours fish to 45 cm.
    During the day, you can get fish over 60 cm from the same spot - just not interested in smaller flies/lures.
    Attached is a pic of a wee cod I caught using a dahlberg in mulwala.

Cheers, Slates

Top shit mate,

my next trip to mull-a-wulla (yeah this is what this darwin lad calls it) migt have to try and pull your strig to meet me *G*

got one of the big ones on my wish list any way bro...

Roger that muz
    sing out - even if I can't make it, I'll send you to the secret possies

headin up there around the first weekend of March.
    will report back.

Cheers, Slates

Jack_Lives_Here

Got the bug on them greenfish.
    Headin' back down the New England this weekend for another crack at them. Give some dahlbergs a go.

I'll make sure I get some pics this trip, but I think the camera might be possessed - when I carry it in the pack, I don't seem to do any good.

Jack_Lives_Here

Just a baby but a cod on fly at any rate.