Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most Popular Brand of Fly-Rod ?

shawn

Re: Most Popular Brand of Fly-Rod ?

Hi big fella,my favorite fly rod is my little FWT 4wt Strudwick. Its caught everything from gar,bass,toga through to 7kg tuna,(you have to chase them for a while). It might have some competition when I get the Strudwick TPS 2wt going.

Shawn

G'day Brett. Well I have 2 Temple Fork rods, a 12 and a 9. Not interested much in 9's but the 12 is the best 12 weight rod I have ever had in my hand and it casts like a rocket. For my money TFO have the best value rods on the planet, are the equal of any of the top????? brands, and have a unlimited lifetime guarantee for the original owner.
    TFO's are as good as it gets. Money does not guarantee performance, no matter who flogs it. Ron Pearson is presently flogging the 12 to death, fishing it in 60 feet of water, dredging he calls it. Casting of all things 34 feet of LC15, which for the record weighs in at 510 grains. With that load, one backcast and at least 120 feet. Not bad stuff. Max

g'day max,

nice to sea ya on the site, input from a guy like you is always worth its weight in gold.

cheers, justin

P.S. gotta say my favorite rod would be a struddy DBT 10wt, just wish i owned one!