Thread: YAHOOO!!!

Jack_Lives_Here

YAHOOO!!!

Got my first Jack on fly. Not a big fish (38cm) but memorable all the same.

Don't they go on fly! He gave me some stick and the 20lb tippet was in pretty ordinary shape. He went back in good shape though.

I've been targeting them for a while now and had some monumental bust offs but finally cracked it on the weekend BUT no one with me to take a photo - bugger.
    Used a gold and black clouser tied on a Gamagatsu 2/0 saltwater game - tied it myself too.

It's like everyone's kicked a goal.

Jack

imported_admin

Re: YAHOOO!!!

Congratulations on your first Jack, must have been a buzz, especially on a self tied fly.

Well Done!

Good on ya Jack. I'm still looking forward to the day.
    Cheers Luke

Top job mate!
    I've hooked, but never landed one on fly.. >
    Cheers, Slates

Good stuff..

They really straighten the kinks out of the flyline...
    I've found the clousers in gold to be working really well for them, the lead eyes get the fly down into the strike zone and the up-riding hook make it that little more snag resistant...
    the jacks up here in FNQ don't mind the pink things either....

Steve Ooi

Brett_Finger

Maaate,
    Jack on the wand!!!!
    great fun arn't thay
    Have to be one of my fav fish to target on fly!!!!!!!!
    Hookin,Brett

Jack_Lives_Here

Yeh, I think the baitcast outfits will get a bit of a rest for a while.

I'm goin' back for more of the same.

Brett_Finger

Mate,
    fish on fly seem to be a better satisfaction in the capture, the proublem i had in Cairns was i seemed to take the bait caster with and it was to eazy to pick up if things got a bit slow! thank goodness that wasn't to often
    Hookin,Brett

G'day. Just a question, What are the tides like in your area. Jacks are tough in jungles but in those holes in bottom tide creeks in the north they are pussycats. Holes are full of the things. Come out of the scrub into the holes at low tide, stacked in layers, big, little whatever. Some cods too. Try that, bound to get you jacks. You will have about 15 minutes before the water starts rising around your ankles. Good hunting. watch the lizards. Max

Top Job Jack!!!
    Yet to wand one myself..

one day....

Chees, Slates

Jack_Lives_Here

Max - I mainly fish rock bars and timber within an hour or two of Brissy. I get done regular on the baitcast gear - 30lb whiplash and 60lb Jinkai leader. There are some big fish. Don't have to worry 'bout the snappin hand bags down here. Had an adventure a couple of years ago in the Herbert River - no torch, no mozzie repellant, and no water to run the boat in - exciting time.

Slates - keep at it.

All the best
    Dave