Thread: Twisty leaders.

Twisty leaders.

Ever wished you could twist these things easily instead of rotatring you wrist a zillion times. Well the ladies hair braids lead us to fantasy, a Conair Quick Braid, a hand held electrical line twister. It retails for $39.95 at Target. There is going to be one on my tackle box, very shortly. Max

My apologies to Target for nicking their Pic, but this is serious fishin' business

Re: Twisty leaders.

cool, i've been doing them by hand. Which section in target?

Locally, I dunno, electrical probably. I just spotted this in the latest catalogue, and it looked awesome. Tooo much so to be true. I will however own one, since my twisties are really twisties and pretty long.
    Cheers Max

Brett_Finger

Max,
    have been useing the twisted leaders on the wand while chaseing Barra,Jacks ect... in the sticks.
    i have tried them a couple of times on the Tuna and had no sucess,after changeing to single strand 10x Penn in the DCPs4 in 10 and 15lb, hookups become the norm rather than the excpetion.
    Brett

Brett, probably yes, but I have a very lo to no stretch system, like zilch and I have to have a bit to buffer things. You can use a stretchy with a very long line after the top Bimini, like yards. Its the butt which does the twist thung.I thought that wizzy thing might save me some elbow joint. VBG. Max

Brett_Finger

Max,
    will save ya heaps of arm pump !!
    and at that price i would think there will be a lot of funney looks at the shoping centre when all these scruffy looking burly men in fly jackets come in to purchase one
    hehehehehehehehehe
    Brett

Whats wrong with the cordless drill in the Garage? works fine for me and the wife wont knock it off when I need it most. Although it is a little more compact. maybe I could convince the little lady she needs one.

Funny coincidence. My niece was visiting at the weekend, and she had one of these. My daughter was doing her hair when I noticed it. I borrowed it for a couple of minutes, and hey presto, neat twisties. The wife is getting one for my daughter tomorrow. About $50 at Myers. AA battery power. May even braid my hair as well.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

There you go, cheaper at Target, I think I'll own one tomorrow if she indoors lets me buy it.
    Cheers by the way, heres some really neat flies???? just for brave. Max

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser
    Funny coincidence. #My niece was visiting at the weekend, and she had one of these. #My daughter was doing her hair when I noticed it. #I borrowed it for a couple of minutes, and hey presto, neat twisties. #The wife is getting one for my daughter tomorrow. #About $50 at Myers. #AA battery power. #May even braid my hair as well.
    Boy what a sight, the basser in braids!!! God help us all.
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Brett_Finger

Max,
    was chucking one similer to the red one around yesterday,it was the same actually but bright green
    had a ball on th #8 and small trevally and Bream, thay are good fun for sure.wish i had a lighter fly rod
    Brett

I watched a Red Dot TV ad today, lo and behold, the twisty for 19.99, I'm glad I waited, looks like Red Dot is the place.
    The thing sure twists hair up quite nucely. Max

Brett_Finger

hehehehehehheehe,
    so are you trying to tell us you have a ne hair doo ???
    Hookin,Brett

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Finger
    hehehehehehheehe, #
    so are you trying to tell us you have a ne hair doo ???
    Hookin,Brett #

Max is going to sport a full head of dreadlocks. I'd like to see that!

Bugger off you blokes, I have hair,
    And it looks ok. I do not however have enough to braid. VBG
    Cheers Max