Thread: FINOR AR3

FINOR AR3

JUST WONDERING HOW MUCH MY FINOR FLY REEL IS WORTH,ITS A 3AR IN EC.THINKING OF BUYING A LOOMIS 644 AND CAL 200 IF I CAN GET THE RIGHT PRICE.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE
    CODKING

Re: FINOR AR3

This a picture of a AR4.

I think Fin-nor have discontinued the Big Game 3AR flyreels. They seem to only advertise the FR and fin-ite series on their web site.
    http://www.fin-nor-international.com

Looking at my old catalogues, they were sold for a grand a few years ago. Max Garth may have a better idea about them, he may have owned and used one.

Anti-Reverse are not that popular, and large arbor is all the rage.

Check the auction board around cyber space, and you may get an idea of the going rate. As I always say "Some thing only worth. what someone is willing to pay for it" .

You may try and get a quote for the site I found the pic http://flysupplies.virtualave.net/specials.html. The U.S. will be different to the Aussie market though.

I've a got FR12 and its still going strong, though there is not distributor in OZ.

Wes

Wesley, a FinNor A/R No3 is a collectors model by this time, I had one and sold it a few years ago. The new price in Oz buks was $600 odd, so you could expect to get very near that since it is a 'long time" discontinued device. Funnily enough it has no holes in the spool, bloody good reel.
    Had a FinNor 4.5A/R as well. Another bloody good reel.
    You might look at the "NEW" model 8LA from Old Florida, which you can get without holes if you want. If it is anything like the LA77 it is OK.
    Go with the flo Wesley, SWF is just another method of catching fish, it is not a religion. Max

Barrymundi

Mate,

Why you selling such a rare item like that.

If you put it on Ebay you could expect around $800 in Australia.

If you were willing to post it to the good old Septic Tanks you would expect US$500.

Barry