Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Further Facts re ###### Trillium Wide Arbor Reels

Re: Further Facts re ###### Trillium Wide Arbor Re

Hi Barry,
    almost sounds like an accusation to me. Not really fair unless factual evidence is shown. I don't think this is what this is all about. Everyone has a right to voice an opinion and if your product is the goods time and your sales will tell. Eg. If I had a penny for every time I've heard Alvey reels bagged I'd be rich but the fact of the matter is they are a good product and are widely used and obviously a lot of other people feel the same way as they are in the hands of many and have stood the test of time. I use them and I don't care what others think of them you know what I mean. If you can't handle some constructive criticism maybe you should get out of the game. Do you make these reels yourself?? Could some useful feedback hurt your supplier especially for the Australian market which in my opinion is a market that relies on tough rugged qaulity? It's obviously an opinion from a person that fishes rugged situations and why can't that person call a spade a spade in your view?
    Cheers Luke

Can i assume that your reels are as bad as Steve Ooi says they are?.
    Notaras Dover
    Notaras, I just want to clear up that my statements where only made about the reel I saw.
    In general I’m not sure what to think about the trillium reels, because I’m not sure which reel your looking at. There seem to be two models an older one and a new version. It seem that some of the earlier versions that where sold where not up to standard and where only production test models.
    Hopefully Barry can clear up the uncertainty about which version he actually has for sale and what alloys are actually used, what sort of drags it has and the specs on it.

Poony

Ordinarily I wouldn't #VBG get terribly VBG involved in such things as this, but I think I did point out a remarkable similarity to the 4 inch Okuma. Whether they are one and the same is not something I want to make serious statements about, but they look the same and you can stick your piggy bank on the Okuma,
    if you have one.
    I think you should have a few geeks at some of the rubbish hanging around in shops, and then consider how bad a Trillium has to be to be unusable.
    I might just find out soon anyway.
    Cheers Max

Good evening All,
    Sorry about not being able to reply sooner, however we have been away on family matters.

I would like to clear a few things up on this ###### Trillium Reel mess.

1 Someone stated he saw a Trillium Reel and 'put down' the product without stating what size or when or where, only FNQ.
    We had a number of Trillium Reels stolen, these were only production test models, never intended for sale.

Later the gentlemen state where he saw the reel.
    At all times I was trying to track the Reels stolen. I hope people would have wanted to help,however this did not appear to be the case.

Thank you Steve for finding a typing error on our web site.

We also offered to show you the Trillium Reels that are for sale, and had considered having you test one, if you were happy with what you saw.
    But, you have never made contact, this we saw as a little odd.

Nat, are you the guy who told me you were a Sage casting pr man at the first Talon ###### Casting Leveller ?
    You asked who makes our reels, we do, ######, and out of interest ###### produces other ' brands ' as well.

Why is the drag super smooth, because of a larger drag washer,no cork, both in diameter and thickness, this is encased in stainless steel to help remove heat.

Lordy, the second image, the image on our web page is the Reel series that is for sale throught out Australia.

Notaris, Sorry about not getting back to you sooner, some things are out of human control, we will reply to you to night and find your requirements ,re reels.

Lordy, re, bad batches, no matter what, ###### Trillium Reels are covered by a life time warrantry, we only sell the new models, unless you find a old model, then this is still covered.If you or any body has or had a ###### Trillium Reel problem, all that is required is a quick phone call, that simple, I just happen to understand how people feel about their fishing gear, having been a fly caster for over 40 years.

Luke, I have NEVER accused any body of any thing !
    Your statement, "Everyone has a right to voice an opinion " is 100% correct, but only if the product or item is seen or held by that person.
    The first series of statements did not identify, where, when, or the model.

"Do you make these reels yourself?? Could some useful feedback hurt your supplier especially for the Australian market which in, etc"
    No we do not make the Reels, ###### does.
    Feed back, we have alway collected it and as with all progressive Companies all products are in a constant state of improvement.

Steve, we only sell the 'for sale 'model in Australia.The new Reels. The materials used are on our web site, again, thank you for pointing out the typing mistake, it has been corrected.

Maxie, yes, all reels are similar, however the Okuma is different, and not made by ###### or is the Trillium made by Okuma.

In conclusion, I would like to thank Steven Brown and the Ausfish team for putting up with this adventure.
    At no time was it ever intended to be an advertising or promotional event.
    Again, thank you Steven for your time.

Kind regards,