Thread: Back from Tassie

Back from Tassie

g'day all
    got back in from tassie last night. definately cant wait to get back. had a ripper of a holiday with some nice fishing thrown in. didnt catch anything but i highly recommend the experience for any fly fisher. it was great to be standing on a river bank as one of many fly fishers instead of getting looked at like you are mad. especially when the fellow next to me caught a five pounder! in short brilliant experience and brilliant pace of life down there, i would swap for it in a second, mornings get a bit cold though . anyway start a new job next week so i have to go sort myself out.
    cheers

Re: Back from Tassie

G'day Landy,

sounds like you had a good trip mate.

What river did you end up fishing in?

cheers, Justin

Re: Back from Tassie

g'day Justin
    i fished a couple of places mostly half heartedly as i didnt have a clue. they were Curries dam, Arthurs, north and south Esk rivers and the tailrace at the Tamar. the place where the action was happening and also the easiest to fish was the bridge over the North? Esk at St Leonards, just outside Launceston. there is a park there with clear banks and the odd willow in the water. nice easy backcasts and a good cast could put your fly on the other bank. interestingly the locals would only cast a very short distance whereas i would fish either bank by long or short casts. this seemed to suprise them, maybe something rubbed of from Harro and yourself this spot has real easy access as it is a dog walking track along the river bank so you have to be carefull not to give someone a feathered earring. excellent spot though, its where that fellow caught his fish, a sea run brown coming back up to investigate the rain flow off.
    cheers