Thread: Fly Reel Help - Okuma Integrity 8/9wt

Fly Reel Help - Okuma Integrity 8/9wt

Gday,
    I was looking at getting one of these reels (okuma integrity 8/9wt) for a fly combo (matched with an 8/9wt innovator distance or matrix flats) and was wondering if any fly chuckers out there have used these reels, and if so could they post a report up on how they are. How do they go in the salt, as I have heard they had problems with corrosion at one stage?
    What would another good quality, reliable reel for saltwater use be around the same price that would suit the flats or distance rod?

Cheers
    Robert Russell

Jack_Lives_Here

Re: Fly Reel Help

Rob,

No mention of what reel you were looking for feedback on??

Re: Fly Reel Help - Okuma Integrity 8/9wt

Haha,
    sorry, the reel i wam talking about is an okuma integrity 8/9wt reel. I have edited the above post.

Cheers
    Rob Russell

The Okuma integerity reels are die cast not machined aluminium reels. I've not had one but have looked at them and they seem to have a decent drag and certainly look the part. They may have corrosion problems, as they will not be anodised , but I think normal maintenance should minimise this. At the price they seem a very good buy. I doubt you'll find a reel at that price that is light, machined from decent grade aluminium bar stock, has a good drag and large arbour. The Alvey is about the same price but weighs a ton and not large arbour. So, the Integrity might be your best buy for that amount of money. Spend more and you will have more options.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinF
    The Okuma integerity reels are die cast not machined aluminium reels. I've not had one but have looked at them and they seem to have a decent drag and certainly look the part. They may have corrosion problems, as they will not be anodised , but I think normal maintenance should minimise this. At the price they seem a very good buy. I doubt you'll find a reel at that price that is light, machined from decent grade aluminium bar stock, has a #good drag and large arbour. The Alvey is about the same price but weighs a ton and not large arbour. So, the Integrity might be your best buy for that amount of money. Spend more and you will have more options.
    Actually from looking at the okuma website, the integrity's have an anodised spool and body with stainless steel screws and mainbody. I just found out too that they have a 5 year warranty, so they look alright. Anyone else have any feedback?

Cheers
    Rob Russell