Thread:  G-Loomis Adventure 9 weight fly rod  

G-Loomis Adventure 9 weight fly rod  

Gday,
    I was looking at getting one of these rods for my first fly rod. Do any users own one or have any feedback on them? Also, what sort of price would i be looking at for one? What sort of warranty do they come with?

Cheers
    Robert Russell

Re:  #G-Loomis Adventure 9 weight fly rod #

G'day Rob,
    the adventure is at the lower end of the Loomis range, and really there are better rods for the money, around $550.
    have a look at the Scott or innovator HLS , which at around $500, is better than the adventure pretty good rods for the money. don't get me wrong about Loomis. I own 3 myself. I also own a Scott 5wt which cost me $410 here in melb which is brilliant.My own 9wt is a Loomis IMX which is exc.
    Hope this helps.
    Dudley

Re:  #G-Loomis Adventure 9 weight fly rod #

Hey,
    I can get the Loomis adventure 9 wt for $320, yet i am tossing up whether to get the loomis or an innovator matrix flats 8/9wt which i can get for $329. According to the loomis website the adventure rods only carry a one year warranty? Or is that different in Australia? Please help me decide as to which rod i should get. I will be fishing for tarpon, bream, jacks, trevally, flatties, giant herring etc.
    Thanks

Cheers
    Robert Russell