Thread: NEW MUSTAD C71SSS

SNELLY

NEW MUSTAD C71SSS

Has anyone tied and/or used flies tied on the new Mustad C71SSS - Circle Streamer.

Just wondering about hookups and possible fouling problems with different patterns

Re: NEW MUSTAD C71SSS

Snelly,

I bought a pack of 3/0 C71S SS, but have not tied any flies with them.

They look strong, nice and long for a circle hook.

I don't spend enough time on the water to experiment. I want to maximise my opportunities. I stick with proven performers.

I'm stick with the Gamakatsu SL12S. I've never had a problem with these hooks. They seem to hook up nicely in the corner of the mouth, and rarely fall out.

I've also got some Mustad C70S D( look like 34007), but have not use these either.

Tie up some flies and give them a go, and let us know how you go. You'd have more fish up north to try the hooks on.

Wes

Altough not for flies, yet, I have made a few jigs from them to see if they help when conditions are difficult and can't see or feel the hits properly. I am hoping it shall help the fish catch themselves. Time shall tell. repot back when I have more to say

Simon

SNELLY

THanks for that - since I have some on hand I best tie a couple and give them a go . I too will report back in due cource.