Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salt Water Fly Fishing

Re: Salt Water Fly Fishing

your not telling me I aint cool no more with me long wand r ya finger?

still seems to be growing my end.

Muz

Brett_Hoskin

wITH HAIR LIKE YOURS wHO NEEDS A FLYROD to be cool, mUZZY???

Brett_Finger

Muzman!
    Not a chance Maaaaaaaaaaate,
    spent the day on the flats yesterday chaseing Goldens and other things,got a couple of smaller GT's (10lb) but no Goldies.

wish i was there this morning wind has dropped to nothing am hopeing for a shot tommorow
    Hookin,Brett

big fella - weather is looking super fine for the weekend - you coming down for the tuna challange at hervey bay?

cheers, Justin

Brett_Finger

Justin,
    weather looking a mabey for the week-end
    might pop down for a Gossip session shoot me the details in a PM.

i'll be shooting out tommorow and Sat weather PERMITting

depends on whats on the flats,
    Tuna and GT's in the same 5ft of water feeding on bait,the best fun in shallow water !!!

when it this clean you stand on the poleing deck and site fish the suckers !!!!
    Yeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaa

all the best of luck for the weekend i might, as i say pop down for a chat on sat arvo.
    Hookin,Brett

Jack... well I've bin there done that too, from 1945 to around 74, been in a few places around the globe, snorkel and lung,and I am, like you, a trichromat, I see all the colours, and mostly the ocean is a blue, dank and dark place. Unless of course you light it up. Fish don't have lights, and a lot of them don't see red, particularly the oceanic types.
    If you had your eyes peeled while diving you would have noticed that white is easier to see than blues and greens and silver is very visible. You would have noticed that the fish are counter shaded for camoflage and it works. But mostly we seem to forget we are humans and fish are not, they are fish, and there are about 25,000 species of the things and not many are similar, few are identical, if any at all.
    And the view changes as the water gets dirtier, and visual distances get smaller and fishes get harder to see.
    There is nothing special about that.
    Like there is nothing special about SWF, its just a great way to fish. Max