Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whats the Go!

Jack_Lives_Here

Re: whats the Go!

I'll run up the beach to start with and then head out wider - weather dependant of course.

swflyfish

Sounds like the spot for a fishing report! anyone interested on the fishing on fly around Townsville? Not in the town itself but off the coast where I live.
    Tuna here in good numbers- mainly macks with some longies around as well. Mackerel (spanish) moving around early this year already.

Flats-what more can I say? exceptional.

last weekend saw a stack of trevally (giant,golden,etc) all goldens were feeding in one main area and this made the fishing great. really easy to sight in skinny water when they cloud it up. Some nice giants moving around the mangroves and smashing bait which there is a heap of here at the moment.
    Queenfish (my favourite) around early as well and not afraid to take a fly. These fish are a good size and the smallest went 1100mm.

This is shaping up to be a better year/season than the last three and I will be out there to make the most of it.
    Flats also shaping up well for the 'speedy whiting' and 'oyster crackers'.
    The only problem with all of this is finding the time to tie more flies between fishing them.

excess line burns and screaming drags-here I come.

Hukim'

By the way- anyone with spare time on the weekend of 28,29,30th of March don't forget the Townsville fishing and outdoor Expo.

Thunnus, Nugget,Wes anyone got a spare spot on board. Im still trying to break my longtail virginaty. And I wanna bloody my new rod. Pleeeeeeeeeessse. Matt Q deceptionbayfly@mail.com