Thread: Congrats Scott

Jack_Lives_Here

Congrats Scott

Heard Scott Mathews took out the Tuna comp on weekend. Well Done bloke.

Re: Congrats Scott

yes it was a great effort, but they really did do the miles for there fish. But dont forget the rest of the crew - Shaun (aka witchdocter) and their driver Jason.

well done boys - see if you can make it three in a row!

fisher

Well done Scott, Shaun and Jason ,another fine win to the team ,can you make it three from three only time will tell. Paul.

Brett_Finger

Great going fellas !!
    all the best for number 3,
    Tape the Ears back and hold her flat!!!

Hookin,Brett

Wish some of your luck/skill would rub off on me at the moment. Having a bloody shocker. Haven't even looked like getting a Billy since I took you guys out that weekend.

Thunnus, what happened to you at Little Ships? It still holds the mantle of best Game Comp of SEQ. Michelle got a Blue on Keneka at the death of the Tournament on the Saturday. Sounded like a bit of a heavy tackle bite at the Noosa Canyons at the moment.

How were the fish for you guys in the comp? I went out on Sunday and had the most frustrating time ever,longies were feeding in pods of about 4or5 and staying up for about 3sec, No birds. Plenty of LTs in the bay though. Congrats Team Water haul on the win.... Matt Q

Jack_Lives_Here

Yeh Matt. Got the shits with them the weekend before last - same thing.
    Will head out Sunday morning weather permitting.

Smithy - didnt make it due to school and other commitments. was a pitty but, sounded like a good comp. - how did you guys go.

cheers, Justin

Thanks guys for the support it is much appreciated. The comp couldn't have been held over a better 3 days. The weather was as good as it gets and the fish were reasonably cooperative. Luckily we scored alot of longies on the first day (18). Both the longy's and macks were by no means easy to catch but i think the fish gods were on our side. We found the longy's to be in fairly small pods with no birds most of the time and just waited patiently for the fish to come to us. Most were working the beach gutters so it made things a little easier knowing where they would pop next. Saturday we had lot's of macks withs lot's of birds but they were eating 1/2 inch white bait so it was tough to convince them to eat. Lots of casts compared to eats. With a bit more luck maybe we can scoop the 3 from 3 on home turf but Bribie is always a tough one. Should see you guys out in the bay or off bribie on the weekend. Look for the long boat and come and say g/day if you want. any way thanks again for the votes of confidence and i'll see yas on the water.
    Scott

We won Boats Under 8m (not that there was much competition - only one other boat set up for gamefishing under 8m and a couple of the 13 bottom bouncing boats giving it a go) with a tagged YF Tuna, a weighed YF Tuna and a weighed Wahoo. Also caught plenty of Striped and Mack Tunas and took about 25 strikes for the weekend but none on Billies.

Smithy - spoke to wayne on kaneka last night. They fished noosa canyons on sat/sun and on sunday got a black about 250lb and a blue about 200lb. I think Outrageous got a few too.

cheers Justin