Thread: i want my reo!

wretch

i want my reo!

when is sum1 (ie. a tackel shop) in SE Qld gonna start stocking Reo fly lines??????????????, the new range looks good, infact it looks far more intersting than anything else i'v seen in the pipe lines for sometime (allthough the airflo tarpon was pretty cool, a tad heavy for what it is, but still cool), fair enough one should'nt judge a book by its cover but hell i'm getting sick of mastery series, orvis still cut it ok, the rest... pfftttt would'nt wip a dead cat with most of them.
    IF anyone knows of a shop that has allready got the full range of reo lines in SE qld please tell me where.
    cheers
    nic

Re: i want my reo!

Ive havent seen RIO sold anywhere in Bris,Could be at Anglers Wh Cooparoo or Tie and Fly but not sure. Some locals have been using the new Rio Clouser line and say its good(but it floats), not sure where they got them though.Try mail order from Scott Mitchell maybe. Not much help.

By all report the Rio clouser line will be the duckguts of surface lines for topwater work when it comes to presenting big flies to greenfish and barra. Can't wait to run one over the rod with a big dalhberg.
    Having had a few session with the aqualux lines i'm pretty impressed with their performance.
    Let me know if you find a stockist for them in SEQ..

Poony #

Maria and Gavin at Tie ' n ' Fly (07 54440611) stock Rio Fly lines.. they had fuul range on show at recent Demo day.. whats wrong with new Wonderline advantage...???

>when is sum1 (ie. a tackel shop) in SE Qld gonna start stocking Reo fly lines

Have you ever thought about *ordering* the line? Goto your favourite tackle store and say "i want you to order me this!" If they say no, you say "your loss" and walk out and never return

Then goto somewhere else and try again. Sooner or later you will get a smart manager who will place the order.

or if you are *really*desparate (and enough money) you can goto a yank site like basspro and get it delivered to your door within 10 days or so....

*shrugs*

Merrick.

wretch

Ono.....i actually like the orvis slylines, one of the best clear intermediates i'v cast, ashame they r only 105ft long though, they seem to go slapping up against the rod on an average casting stroke, not sure wether the wonderline advantage is of the same nature as the slyline, never know ... new name same thing. I have quized a few shop owners bout getting rio lines, the only one in bris is archies at strathpine, but the guy in the shop has been waiting ages for his orders, maybe i'm impatient *shrugs* .
    nic

Re: i want my *rio!*

Tell me.

What is the price you want to get it?

Can you afford roughly $40 dollars? If so then you can bid for a brand new line from ebay. I don't know what weight rod you have or what taper, but have a look at:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....category=23817

It is *very* rare that i shop overseas, but there are times when you just cannot get the stuff in this country that I want.

A good example is braided scissors. Its been, I think now, over 5 years since I have ordered the first pair from the US, and to the DAY the stores in this backwards part of the country, still won't believe thats its worth stocking. Today I ordered another 2 pair bringing the total upto 6.

I know this is going beyond FF forum, but i can give you many examples as to why, when you really need something, you must shop abroad.

People worry about money and hackers and whatnot. If you are at a site that A)reputable(sp) and B) secure, then you don't have to worry about it.

Failing that, get another Visa card that has a limit of $500 or so.

If you think Ebay does not work then I have brought things from it and its great. But my brother purchased a digital camera from OS and saved about $1500 or so.

It just goes to prove! Shop around

M.