Thread: Voyagers Canal

Voyagers Canal

Full moon this weekend, would like to try Voyagers canal at Bribie, what will be on the chew and what fly should I be chucking.....
    Kilkenny

Jack_Lives_Here

Re: Voyagers Canal

An old saying comes to mind - suck it and see

Yeh Ken, go find out your self, Maybe none of us fish there.Not getting a reply to a post doesnt mean theres a conspiacy against ya, All I know is its a bit cold now for the sporty fish that have been rumored to be there.If your lost without advice just use a Clouser.............Matt Q

Thanks Q,
    I knew you would reply, looks like I will have to do the hard exploratory work and suck it n see. When do the Tailor start showing up ?
    Kilkenny

Not to sure bout the best Tailor times,must b soon, when they r about the mouth of Newport canals has a few choppers, at low tide.You can also wade a fair way here.Hows life with an #8 going, lot more versitle than the old #5.MQ

Ken
    Pike are pretty much on the boil through the cool months at bribie. Tailor are a possibility early and late. did someone say clousers?
    Voltz

Actually Q, The only time the #8 gets wet is at Borumba, I fish ma RST 4 wt allmoast all the time, the line is a bit worn after naerly a 15 year flog so I hope to get spooled soon to warant the expence o a newbie....
    Hopefully chase the Tune with it out front a Beachmere this weekend....llet U know what happened on Ausiefly....
    Kilkenny