Thread: CARP ON A FLY ROD

CARP ON A FLY ROD

HI ALL JUST SPENT 3 DAYS ON THE RIVER BANK SHOT A COUPLE OF DEER NO COD SO DECIDED TO PUT SOME CORN ON THE FLY ROD AND TEMPT SOME CARP I GOT 4 & A FRIEND GOT 2 IN 1HR HAD A BALL ONLY USED 6LB LEADER LANDING 6 TO 8LB CARP WITH OUT LOSING ANY
    I HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS TO ANY ONE WHO HAS YOUNGENS INTERESTED IN FISHING THEY FIGHT SO WELL, ONE FISH PEELED ABOUT 25m OF LINE OFF BEFORE HE SLOWED UP

PS IT WAS F@#$ING COLD THE FROST THIS MORN WAS ONLY A 1/2 A METER FROM THE FIRE WHEN WE WOKE UP

CHEERS GARY

Re: CARP ON A FLY ROD

The old mudsuckers sure do go crazy. When they are gulping on the surface, try a bass bug or small popper!

Gary
    Where were you nailing the carp, id love to get stuck into some and live about half an hour from the Logan and Albert Rivers. Havent been able to find a spot thats not on private land where theres enough clear background to chuck a fly.
    Cheers
    Michael

michael give me a yell when you have a spare weekend and i will show you a reserve that you can go on the only thing is it's about 2hrs s/w of warwick wich is where i live

cheers gary