Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drags???

Re: Drags???

There are very obvious line pressure problems with that thing. You want to hope like hell that the hole edges arent sharp, or even close to sharp. I'd get a Steelfin XFR and get a peaceful mind. Or a no hole OF LA88. You could get at least 2 for one.Max

Ive been thinkin hard about an XFR,The fast sink lines have a habit of spliting, especially after untangaling knots in the running line using pliers,flies,teeth ect we try to bog em up with aqua seal but there never the same, MQ

Knots in the running line. What do you use, mine are pretty well tangle free if you use a basket or line tamer. Try the stuffed system, 36BB (42lb) up 20lb Gudebrod braided mono, spliced at each end, 100+ (120') feet long and glued every 10feet. Shoots very well, easy to handle and doesn't tangle much.
    If you use GsP braid backing you need to reduce system stretch to minimums, and that means using GsP in the running line. The only way to do that is stuff it. Takes time but works. If you want to go to the best, stuff the backing line up the braided mono, no knots, just one connection to the head and no stretch. I use stuffed systems on everything, short rods and long rods. Max

We use fast sinking onepiece lines Max.As for line tamers and buckets I think the points slowly sinking in aboard the boats I fish from,,,,,,, Cheers Matt Q

If you have a Bunnings type store near you, have a look for an easy clean plastic mat. its got holes in it, is flexible and can be rolled up. you stick tie wraps in some of the holes, lay it on the casting platform and cover it with a panel of prawn net. The prawn net stops getting things snagged and the mat, 3x4 feet, keeps the running line tamed. Works on rocks, but there you only need the prawn net. for other things I use a supermarket basket.
    But like most things there are places nothing works and you have to put up with it. Max