Thread: FLUROCARBON TIPPETTS

SNELLY

FLUROCARBON TIPPETTS

The other week I lost a fish due to a flurocarbon tippett ( 10kg Berkley Vanish ) break the loop that attached fly. ie not the knot but the middle of the loop. A friend also had this happen and lost a good fish. Then I read an article in NAFA with bonefish with the same thing.

Obviously the answer is to use another tippett material but I was looking for other peoples experiences and suggestions

Thanks SNELLY

Re: FLUROCARBON TIPPETTS

Snelly you are right they break up very eazy.
    I am using siglon now it is better but I still get the same problem due to the fishes tooth abrasion?
    It is not the way the knot is tied because there is no friction aplied on the loop during the tyeing of the loop.
    let see what some other people are saying.
    cheers Vince.

The 3 kilo Aloy line ( Harro) is not fluro but does the break at the loop knot to flyline. I allways give it a good tug fore I let fling...good abrasion resistance and really stif line it be...
    Allways wet yer knots with Kilkenny...

Interesting. I use Vanish for pig (drummer, rock blackfish) fishing and haven't lost one due to leader problems yet. I have used it on the local salmon and frigates again no probs and again around rocks etc... I did lose one frigate but that was due to a wind knot in the leader.....

Quite a few guys I know use Vanish or siglon for everything from bream on the racks to jewies..... Haven't had a report of one lost due to leader problems.....

Cheers

DavidW