Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got it!!!

I got it!!!

hey boys,

thanks to wes pangs virgin longtail tours yesterday i finally got my first longy on fly. #Still today i am over the moon. #it was about 10kg and i rate the fish and fight the best i have ever had. #Problem is im now super keen to get number 2. #

wes, thanks for the day mate. i really enjoyed your company and the fishing was even better.

cheers, Justin

P.S pics will be coming soon!

Re: I got it!!!

Top stuff Justin! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Sounds like an awesome fish...looking forward to the picces...

Cheers mate

Chris

P.S You going to be down Caloundra way this break? Give us a yell if ya are...I should be down there for a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by thunnus
    thanks to wes pangs virgin longtail tours
    HAHAHAHAHA!! I like it! nice one Justin and keep breaking em in Wes..

Matt.

Justin, congrats on the fish! ill get ya out soon for a mahi on fly, I wanna see a pic of Wes's reel in the sun, must be a fish magnet what end of the bay you guys at.
    Rob

Good on ya mate ! 10 kilo's is a good fish.
    Got my 1st one at the Bribie comp ' about the same size Needless to say I got the bug too!

Fly'n'hi Chris.

sarah wilson iv got her first longy on board yesterday as well...another 10 kilo job up at inskip. magic day...also got onto a big school of wolf herring (slimey!) plus some tailor, flathead, mullet even...fishing with jacko and his dad

Justin,

It was my pleasure to have you on my boat. Your joy and enthusiasm at landing your 1st longtail on fly reminds my of my 1st one.

You kept your cool when the backing got tangled in the reel and we had to pull the spool off to fix it.

You are welcome on my boat.

Rob,

I broke-in my "new" phychodelic Abel Super 11 on a Mac Tuna. I'll just have to keep flogging away until I get a Longtail on it.

I'll need a few LT's if I'm to finish the roll of film off though.

Wes

fisher

Well done Justin, they will come alot easier now that you've cracked the first one .Paul Dolan.

Like I said, It was ALMOST as much fun too watch you catch it, just P,ed off we missed the 1 half and the Fenwik fumble,,congratse and Wes PLEEEEEEEEAASE take some pics of crap and get that film done,there cant be too many shots left

Jack_Lives_Here

YEP good stuff. That fish was meant to be caught by you mate. I'll let the readers now just how much luck / skill was invloved. During the fight Justin had line wrap on the reel casing. He / Wes then had to take the spool off - MID FIGHT mind you - and give the fish some line, reattach the spool and get back into it. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    Saturday was a day I should have stayed in bed. The flu drugs wore off pretty quick and I went down hill from there.
    Who's up for an Inskip longtail trip??

The LTs seem to be getting a bit thin on down Peel way, sounds like a good idea Dave. MQ

thanks guys - two days have pasted and im still on top of the moon. Gotta say if it wasnt for wes's guidience i wouldnt of standed a chance at landing that fish, and getting the tangle out of the reel added even more to excitement of landing it. gotta say quinny that beer you gave me never tasted so sweet!!!!

cant wait to see the pics (hint hint wes )

dave - im super keen for a inskip trip - great place to fish up there.

cheers, Justin

Dave should go in Wes boat,(until he lands 1), Ill drive Jack Lives here2 . Seriouslly,how r those owner hooks goin Dave, tie some small Clousers.Olive over white I guess.They wont get spat out. MQ

Jack_Lives_Here

Haven't looked at 'em yet Quinny - still not feeling human BUT I'm at work AND on a glorious day.

Gotta say Mactuna after a few days in the esky is a little on the nose - even through a blocked one like mine. Had all the neighbourhood cats lining up for a feed.

quinny, i just cant believe that that tarpon straightend, i wasnt pulling that hard and they are a heavier gauge than the trey combs, so how well do they stand up. maybe the owners are the way to go?

cheers, Justin