Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got it!!!

Re: I got it!!!

Get Dave to show you the SWIWASH (is that right Volt?)that was L shaped after a half hour fight.It blows me away that it can happen, they are boath pretty chunky hooks.Ive only used the Owners twice now but they seem to be good hooks, havent had a fish spit 1 yet,but b4 it was happening at least once a trip . Get well Dave, I thaught you were a bit crook sounding, drink lots of tea....and Asprin MQ

Good to see Justin, i thought you guys had to be a shoe in, Nick and i managed 5 longy's and a mac. Certainly was a nice day saturday. We got hammered on the way home to scarborough behind Mud, pressure wave city. Inskip is nice fishing at this time of year, remember though small flies and minimal flash.
    Scott

thanks scotty.........but how the heck did you manage 5 longies, thats an unreal effort! Did you find larger concentrations of fish or did you deep fly them?

cheers, Justin

Justin, after we finished chatting we headed out into the middle, the fish had worked into the wind during slack tide so the majority were over near that island in the middle. We didn't have that long to fish them but they worked pretty hard. I got 4 Nick got 1 and dropped 2. Nicks fish was a double hook up so that was pretty cool. I think H/Bay might be a better option than Inskip in the next few weeks, by all accounts i don't think the fish are concentrated enough yet but should happen soon, i'm Johnno will let us know how it's all going up there.
    Scott

scotty - when wes and i finally found the fish in the arvo we found then in close just south of that big white house on straddy, mind you they only come up maybe 3 times. after we got that fish we didnt see anymore and the wind really started the howl.

what time did you start heading back, poor old dave and quinny were doin it a bit tuff coming round the bottem of peel.

cheers, Justin

I skirted peel on my way in saturday about 2, the deadest ive seen in ages.

Justin
    Got hammered on the way back. Pressure wave city up around St Helena, kept taking them over the side. Nick loved it. If i go back to the south bay i won't be launching from Scarb again, don't care if i miss any action on the way. Headed off Bribie on Sunday, Afew longies still around, only fished for a couple of hours and pulled 1 about 13kg and a couple of mac's.

How long did they hang around last yr guys? Could you still get them in Sept? AND do the Macs stay all yr round or are they a season thing. Cheers MQ