Thread: Novice

Novice

Hi All,
    This is my first time to this website so please be patient. I am a fishing enthusiast from the South East coast and have recently been introduced to fly fishing whilst on holidays in Tasmania. Can someone please help me out with a good beginners setup and where i can purchase it from. I am looking at saltwater fly fishing and i will basically have to teach myself as it isnt very popular around this area.

Cheers

Re: Novice

Hi Fats22,did you catch a trout.

G'day,
    i have a 9ft 7/8 2 pce custom rod, reel and wff7 line that my daughter got to take up fly fishing. She canned the idea after a 2hr session on the oval. We were targetting the big flathead and salmon at Mallacoota in S.E. Vic.
    It is a brilliant out fit for salt or fresh. Email me on wefishtoo@hotmail.com for more details.
    Good fishing. Peter

No Trout. Went saltwater fly fishing. We caught a heap of mackrel and picked up a few garfish before they went of the bite.

Hi,

For a decent beginners setup, it would really depend on how much you want to pay and how long you are looking to take on the sport/hobby.

If you are in it for just a few months or whatnot, then i suggest a basic cheap setup from somwhere like (heavens forbit) Kmart.

If you are in it for the long run and want a decent piece of equipment, then may i suggest you email Uncle Barry talonaurora@dodo.net.au He is the man behind Talon and if you tell him what you want, he should get back to you with a package that should have a nice price to it.

Cheers
    Rob.