Thread: Yabby patterns

Yabby patterns

In Mid-October will have a week paddling along the western shores of Fraser Island and i hope to spend some time chasing Golden Trevally on the flats. It seems that the common opinion is that clousers and baitfish patterns are the main stay of those pursuing goldies on the flats however seeing that they come up onto the flats in pursuit of yabbies i'd really like to try an imitation and see how it goes ! Does anyone know of any half decent yabby patterns ?

Brett_Finger

Re: Yabby patterns

Serge,
    brendon Walsh up Bundy ties a mean yabbie Patten,i have a few of these, i'll try to get the patten off him and take a couple of pic's to go along with it for ya !
    hookin,Brett

Serge,

You can't beat the Clouser!!!

It's got to be on the sand. I use very heavy eyes, so clousering rods is quite common. I also use a fast sinking flyline(SA Striper IV) and not intermediates.

Presentation is more important than fly selection. Lead the fish and wait till the fly is on the bottom. Strip slowly when the fish are on top of it.

Hervey Bay tailing Golden Trevally. Flyfishing doesn't get any better.

Wes

quote."You can't beat the Clouser!!!

It's got to be on the sand. I use very heavy eyes, so clousering rods is quite common."

Yes,,,,,,,I can vouch 4 this lil fact. Wes even busted up the tip of my rod the other day with his bloody Clouser. # MQ