Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FAUST BARRA

Brett_Finger

Re: FAUST BARRA

Geeeeeeeez,
    that's bloody low water level Andy !!
    oh' well same old-same old that fish are in less water now.. eazyier to find
    we'll be leaving here on the 3'rd comeing home on the 13th.
    Hookin,Brett

Hey Brett,

Did you read your invite (if your comming up for the comp) There won't be any pre-fishing allowed.

The barra have been going OFF!!! The average fish hooked is well over a meter. Some look like they are around the 1.3m mark. Very few fish being landed at the moment, but lots of lures being lost.

I am going to rig up some whipper snipper cord and tie a chicken on the end to see if i can land a fat one.

Brett_Finger

Andy,
    nothing on my invite about a pre-fishing ban.
    Hookin,Brett

Barrymundi

Invite ? ???

I am still waiting.

Thanks for those pictures Brett

HEY BIGGIN.
    GEORGE,SWANO AND WILLIAM will prefish it for you. # . .I did hear that not many biggins are getting landed.Hope that change 's when we come up A.Have been practising on the hippo's at the local zoo.Bring it on.1300 plus this year.
    cheers george.l #

fisher

Andy can you fill us in on this pre-fishing ban as I sent an email to the stocking group and have'nt recieved anything back as yet.Would just like to know weather it's on or not to plan when Richard and I come up as it's no point comming up early if we can't fish.And how will the pre-fish ban effect you and Lindsy with your guiding? Regards Paul Dolan

Brett_Finger

Paul,
    i spoke to the boys at Prossy tackle yesterday and thay knew nothing about a pre-fish ban.
    me thinks Andy been drinking to much mango juice
    hehehehehe.

on a more fishie note,Lindsay has not boated a Barra UNDER 1meter so far this year !! everything is over the magic meter mark.

one client got Ssssssssmoked by11 fish the other morning,thay found a school of real biggies.

i think i might go today...
    Hookin,Brett

hi Biggin
    Talked to jack Erskin yesterday about Tackle for faust.His sending me 3 differant drag washers to try in the chronachs[up dated versions].Also put me on to some rod blanks.Great help and top bloke to boot.Will meet him at faust this year and chew the fat.
    cheers george.

Brett_Finger

Geroge,
    mate, Jacks a dear friend of mine a nicer gentleman you will never meet!!!
    and a smarter reel genius you'll never meet.
    Hookin,Brett

fisher

Hey Big Fella,sounds good to me I will now plan on leaving at the same time fram as we spoke about ,and give Teemburra a nudge on the way .Can't wait to get locked onto those big mothers again .I rang Al the other day and put in my order for the Arafura Barra in the 150 and the new 130 and he is comming up this year to fish with Chris Engret [spelling?] he ran second last year I think so he will be in good company and Al's no slouch at catching barra either and he'll have a good supply of lures which could come in handy if it's only big bitches playing .Also looking forward to testing the new Terminator Snap Back plastics that are about to be released next month I've been doin really well with them around here the last few months even mackeral and tailor don't destroy them everything seems to want to eat them I will bring some for you to try I think your gonna like these.Regards Paul

Brett_Finger

Thanks mate,
    my big plastic supply is very low at the moment,we will be at Awonga on the 1st of oct,then 2&3 at Teemburra then onto Faust Jack - Harro and Wood will be ther early for a fish as well.will be god to meet Al, i have tried to souce those Lures of his here in town but no luck.
    Hookin,Brett.

Brett,

Lindsay should have told you there was a ban this year.
    Merv hasn't been to a single meeting this year.

I wish a guy didn't have to defend himself all the time, my scales read true and the tape is right!!!!

I don't even like mango Juice.

Biggin.
    Like i said swano,george and william will pre fish the comp for you.Don't for get the goanna oil. He He he .
    Andy.
    You know how big your fish were,stuff the people who dought you.The people that over estermate the size and weight of their fish have to live the lie.i think it's a good idear with pre fish ban.More fish for us.
    cheers george.

Brett_Finger

Andy,
    # spoke to merv,i take it you will not be guideing on the dam before the comp nor will Lindsay.(assumeing you are both fishing the comp)

# seeing it was not on the entry form (bomber read it over a few times) how are all the entrants comming from across the state to know ??

# also on the frount of the Comp forms Cheque's where due in on the 20th but on the actuall entry form due in on the 29th.

# seeing as there is NO MENTION of a pre-fish ban on the forms i fail to see how a pre-fish rule can be forced as i would imageine 90% or better of the entrants will have NO IDEA this is supposed to be in force !!

# i realise it is not your falt mate, but obviously there has been a failure in the system someware.

# i know of almost a dozen anglers from cairns to Gold Coast all planing on being there early.

# this is starting to look like a giant stuf-up. (or am i missing something????)

# as for defending yourself,
    knowing your dry sence off humor fella nothing would have supprised me.if this was all a BIG g-up #

# how come it said nothing on the entry forms??

# and can you please bring me a 20lt tub of that mango thing we had last time... # hehehehe
    Hookin,Brett #

Barrymundi

Hi George,

Where you planning on staying ?

I did not get invited this year but still plan to fish that weekend. It has been on the calendar for months.

Alan