Thread: Faust Barra Comp

Faust Barra Comp

I hope some of you are bringing your Fly rods to Peter Faust this year.
    Although you might want to use clothes line instead of Cortland or Airflo....

I haven't had a cast at the dam for months (too buisy guiding) with a wand, not long till we're frothing up the water, I can't wait.

Re: Faust Barra Comp

Hi Andy.
    What are the dam barra doing.?????whats the water temp.
    Only 14 more sleeps.Bring it on.
    cheers george.

Brett_Finger

Andy,
    good stuff mate!! that'll get the blood pumping
    Biggie,
    your a bastardi i still got 19 bloody sleeps.
    Hookin,Brett

Barrymundi

I am going to Mapoon for 2 weeks for a pre-fish in 9 more sleeps, back to work for 4 days then down to Faust.

Hey Brett
    Don't bring my mum and dad into it.I've got enough trouble with swano in the boat as it is. Hi ho it's off to faust we go .Bring it on.I'm ready to rumble with the big girls.
    cheers george.

DRJ

Anyone who is intending to fish Teemburra on the way to or from the comp let us know and we might be able to find a few locals to give you tips on where they are (no guarantees we are right of course).

Regards
    Darren

Brett_Finger

Darran,
    ther will be 6 of us (3 boats) staying at Steve frooms motel on the 2nd and 3rd fishing teemburra,then off to faust for the rest of te time,comeing home on the sun after the comp.
    Hookin,Brett

DRJ

Hi Brett
    Currently attempting to rearrange the diary to so I can get out on the water those days myself.
    Have sent you a pm with my number so when you get a moment give me a call.
    Darren

Neil_c

Andy, what colours do you recommend for tying Faust flys?? 14 sleeps and I'm there.

Neil

Hi George,
    Barra are big and angry, must be all those lures and flies in their gobs...
    Getting lots (or rather busting off) at the moment.
    Fishing has been good last few days, but not how it can be, water temp a little cold still. May keep them out of harms way until the tournamnet.
    Max temp today was 25.4c (morning 21c), brrrrrr...

Neil,
    Recomend 4-5inch flies, bulky.
    Best colours would be Gold, Silver, White & Chartrouse. Tie on 5/0 hooks, with weed guards.

Anyone with a fly rod,
    Would be great to have a few more chook-chucking-chumps join me this year.

fisher

Andy I'll be packin the fly rod as I did last year ,soon as I get me a couple of big girls I'll be pullin out the fly to see if iI can land a few .26 more sleeps for me and counting down can't wait,Bring it on!!!!!.Fished monduran thursday and fri morn for only one 79cm barra and one catti.Missed a few fish and spooked a few in the shallows and had 2 awsome surface strikes on thur night but didn't hookup, bummer].Lookin good for summer though . Paul