Thread: Rattles in Flies.....????

Rattles in Flies.....????

Hi All ,
    I'm tying up some 3D flies for barra and jacks.Do you think it is important to tie rattles in them or not.Any advice welcome.
    Thanks Steve

Re: Rattles in Flies.....????

Steve,
    Everyone has a different opinion about rattles, colour, etc..
    I don't think rattles are essential, but sometimes when fish are fussy they help. Bet that clears things up a lot.

Hi flytime I am doing same thing 3Ds with rattles tied to a mono loop,I have found that a peice of closed cell foam folded over the rattle increases tone ,the loop of mono I make long enough to use over hang as weed gaurd,this get the rattle of the shank and dolls eyes,Cheers

Thanks guy's for the advice.Went up to tin can bay and caught my first jack on fly #[smiley=laola.gif] on the weekend.Using a 3D fly with a rattle in it.The GT's couldn't resist it either.The jack went 40 cm.
    Regards steve #

Good swoffen flytime,dont stop there,bigger jacks haunt that spot cheers

hI FerralFlyer,
    I know, i didn't boat those one's.I'm of to the Baffle in a months time.Should be a hell of a good time if the weather stays like this,can't wait 8).Thats one off my to do list for the year.I had three ,with two to go, of a wild barra and a big golden off the flats. It's looking good so far
    regards steve #