Thread: BOAT

SNELLY

BOAT

Here is a pic of my boat so ya's can all pick it to bits

Re: BOAT

Nothing to pick on there ,top choise,nice and quite glass boat to fly from,good to see you did not get sucked into the other so called fly boats that punt water like a barge,have fun .

someones serious about there madkeen

Tim

Gorilla_in_Manila

Looks underpowered to me!

Jon,,Only thing negitive about that boat is 1 of the battery terminals(thats the black wire Volts ). Looks great, needs more stickers but, and a better name like "outcast" or"Gotcha" or"Zonker"or"Line speed" ect ect. MQ

Trent_Butler

Hi Snelly,

I have seen several pictures of your boat during its construction and fitout. They were sent to me by John Hockings whom I met whilst looking at his new Haines Traveler TD 149. The old Seaquell hulls are just fantastic and I have been looking at updating my current boat (Cruise Craft Lure) to one of these hulls. I have been in fairly regular contact with John and getting some feedback on his Haines which is practically identical to the old Haines Hunter Seaquell. He has given the big thumbs up on the hull and is certainly very happy with its performance around the tuna schools in Hervey Bay.

I see by the pictures that I have that you constructed the custom deck out of glassed marine ply. I am looking at doing something similar, starting with a bare hull and contructing a deck out of Klegecell or similar closed cell foam. All the added weight of a custom deck (which is to include live wells, twin deep cycle batterys etc) has been the major factor in my research into the foam sandwich contruction. Since I tow my boat up and down the entire east coast I really want to limit the overall weight of the boat. However it has been really difficult reseaching the closed cell products. There seems to be alot of information available for using the foam in hull construction but very little on how I want to use the material. It seems to be a bit of a catch 22 scenario, I #need to have the hull and take it to a fibreglass guy who has experience with foam, to see if it can be done. If it can't I will be left with a hull that I can't do much with.
    Any help would be great!.

Thanks

Trent
    QFM

Jon, My honest opinion having been in the craft a couple of times, is that it should be a Ausfish sticker down the side, but I am bias..

Say a big hello to the boys in the fly club for me.
    Finding a few giant herring, jacks and bass to keep me busy down here.

Poony

SNELLY

Trent,

I did consider foam construction when I initially looked at this project but what I was told was that there could be long term problems spanning the distances for the decks with foam. When estuary fishing I carry two additional batteries and two electrics without a problem. A live well was on the initial wish list but up here I really do not have the use for them. One in the front would not be an issue but 4 stroke 60 and live well and esky in the back would be pushing it.

Steve, Good to see you are still catching plenty of fish "down south" I 'll say gidday to the members from you

CHEERS JON