Thread: Another Quinny Longtail

Another Quinny Longtail

Here's a shot of Quinny with a Moreton Bay Longtail Tuna caught last year.

Time to get ready for new season of Longtail.

Wes

Re: Another Quinny Longtail

Hi wes ,
    Nice fish quinny . I see there's a few longtails starting to appear on the sunny coast. Going out tomorrow to chase a few. Thats if the spotties will leave the fly aloan or fly line for that matter .
    Regards Steve

Jack_Lives_Here

Where r they Wes????

Gidday Wes,
    Its been a while ,but I see you are still the ultimate FLy fishaholic.Pics liek that shouldbe baanned from view for us poor UK types You still foraging with the Loomis' mate?

Was a nice fish, whats with the lines on the sides, did it get tangled up in the line. That tail is a dead duk if you let it go.Story for ingestion. Bloke, Paul Comley had an aquarium in the late 70's in Perth. One day he went out to get a longtail for the tank. Wanted to see if a longtail would swim around for an acceptable time in a tank. Went out, caught it, grabbed it by the peduncle and dropped it into a tubular travel tank. When he got back to the job he lifted it by the tail and drppped it into the big tank to get acclimatised. One week later the tail fell off. Never did do it to another longtail. Cheers Max

whats with the lines on the sides, did it get tangled up in the line. Cheers Max[/quote]
    The lines are pretty normal arnt they? Usually they radiate from the hook up pnt/its gob, but they sometimes get the line around there pec fins.Most LTs Ive seen have the leader lines somewhere,,,,sometimes even there tails That F#&ks em,,,,dragin them backwards when there tail wraped,did that to a LT once and its came close to dyin,steamed of strong after we swam it awhile...Never heared about the tails coming off b4 Max,Always thaught"tailin"them would be safest,,, M quinn

Waspy,

Long time no hear!!!

Quinny,

Do you think you're a very young Stu Apte now? See pic.

Some consider him one of the best swoffer around.

If we could catch half the fish he's caught we'll be doing well.

I heard he's coming to Oz some time.

Wes

I just like the pic, He was the 1st too consistaintlly knock over BIG fish (Gnt Tarpon and Sails) over 100lb,,, on Bamboo rods.Catching 1 giant Tarpon would do me......MQ PS Stus fishin shirts preety cool too.

Hey Wes and Quinny just a quick note have they started at bribie yet trying to orginise jack lives here to start chasing but dont want to make the trip up if there is no sign what so ever don't get me wrong i'm always on for the hunt but there has to be something to hunt at least ..... [smiley=rifle.gif]
    Been a long time since i've been up there the last trip was to the other side of peel island memorable but disapointing as i lost a good lt on the fly . I suppose if it doesn't kill you it only make you stronger . Built a new rod in the off season pacific composites hr 40 10 wt two piece okuma infinity reel with the striper four line still two come ( coments anyone ???)

keen as to get amongst them remember not to be shy with the info when you find them. got to help us poor simple southern folk [smiley=cowboy.gif]

Cheers and tightlines
    Shep 8)

Some have got a few already, not me though.We were told they were climin in the boat so we went out last weekend and not Longy to be seen.I think you meet Voltzy, he nailed a thumper the day b4. Id give it a couple more weeks . MQ

Hi Guy's
    Went out on wed the 11th and caught two longtails at bribie island at the third lagoon. One went 8kg the other about 9-10 kg.Went back there last sunday saw a lot of free swimmers around but couldn't get a hookup.Caught heaps of macks and mackeral though.
    Good luck Steve #

Thanks for the heads up flytime i will have to get Dave g'd up to go at least i can try the new rod on a mack even if the LT's aren't there. Thanks quinny talk to you soon keen to get my new rod bent

cheers

Shep 8)

Jack_Lives_Here

Don't know if you'll be allowed a spot in my boat Shep - a week on Croker Is and no invite for me - gunna be an exspensive longtail that forst one of your's, what with the boat hire and all.

Hey Wes,

So what's happening at the moment? Anything showing around Noosa etc? My goal for when I get back up is to get a longtail off the midle groyne at noosa on fly. I know it can be done.

Nathan,

Been too busy chasing Golden Trevally up at Hervey Bay.

Looks like it might be a good Longtail season.

Wes