Thread: Longtails 10 - Dave 1 (FINALLY)

Jack_Lives_Here

Longtails 10 - Dave 1 (FINALLY)

Finally cracked the Longtail cherry at the Bribie Longtail comp a couple of weeks back. #I lost 10 before this one was actually boated. From just pulling too hard, line wrapping around feet, around reel (or anything else on boat floor) to having them sharked (2), one right at the boat I lost 'em.
    On this fish, from hook up to release was all of about 12 minutes on the 10wt - fished the Wes way - gave it no quarter. It was one of only 2 landed for the weekend. Fell to a deep fished Polar Fibre. We seen one single fish bloop at the back of a bonito school and I dropped the fly in - got hit on about the second strip. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] #
    Was not the best of days either. Was feeling crook later on and i don't know if it was the thousand rums the night before or the swell.??????

Re: Longtails 10 - Dave 1 (FINALLY)

Dave,

Well done!!!

12 minutes. Even I don't go that hard.

Catch ya on the water.

Wes

Jack_Lives_Here

Yeh, Justin made note of the hook up time and all of a sudden the fish was going back in the drink.

mabo

nice fish dave, lets hope they come back on the chew,the last couple of weeks have been hard going.

cheers john

was a very quick fight, and a very healthly released fish. The reason the fish came boatside so fast was dave used his secret tuna call, which he addapted from his mates horse call, ay dave

twas a top effert but, dave saw the fish bloop - chucked a fly right in its re-enterly hole and he was on!

all will come a little easier from now on dave

cheers, Justin

Great fish Dave, I forgot about how bad the weather got at some stages until I saw the pic...Nice camera work Justin.I hope I break this seasons duck soon .......I keep flubing everything when there around atm. MQ

Congrats dave, there a great sportfish on fly .Could'nt make the comp because of boat trouble > >
    Regards Steve

Well done!!! I am jealous though. After having one on for 10 seconds, now I want more... who knows when though...

Jack_Lives_Here

Just one of those luck things I reckon. Went hard on it from the get go - Did not want this fish sharked.
    Got my new rod (10/11wt) now [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]so look out toonas. Should be able to bring that fight down to sub 10 minute