Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BRIBIE FLY REPORT #FRIDAY AND SATURDAY

Re: BRIBIE FLY REPORT #FRIDAY AND SATURDAY

John

Did you get them where we saw you? How big? On the surface or with a sinking line? And any chance that I could come along one of these days? The toad tub isn't the best of vessels, and guzzles like crazy - 140 Evinrude and small tanks

mabo

at a guess 12kg, on the top with a striper4 when we get th new boat going i'll let you know the 4,5 cj i have to give back this week the first one was 100m south of us

cheers john

mabo

paul with his first lt this year

John,

We should develop this new technique. I'll scream around making lot of noise with the 2-stroke and then move off the fish. You sneak around with the 4-stroke when the fish think it's safe to feed again.

Gummy Minnow RULES!!!! I'll have to put more catch scent on mine next time!!!!

Duckbill,

Send me a PM with you phone number. I'll give you a call when I have a spare spot on my boat.

Wes

mabo

it was a long day wes we diddn't get back to the ramp until dark. they never really came on we were just lucky i think

cheers john

So gummy minnow it is then? I should be getting my tying gear in a few weeks and will be able to start tying flies again, I will have to tie some of those gummy bears... I was going to order some siliskin from Hunter's Angling supplies, any other suggestions???

John, well done again...

Its not JUST luck John,,, very good work. #I notice the new reel, preety colours . You been promasing to take me out scince ya 1st got to bris, finnally.. Quinny # PS, Im a fishing slut, Ill do it with anyone..... BUT I DONT USE RUBBER flies.

Hi all,
    Next weekend sounds good. Depends if i get my outboard fixed by then > > > >. hope the tuna will still be around.
    Steve

Yeh, Ill be there Steve. Whats wrong with the donk? Sounded OK on Sat,,,when i could hear it, quiet buggers those 4stroke. # #MQ
    Duckbill, Wes is the man to fish with for your 1st Longtail, he got a few of us on this board our 1st Longy. Ive got wess guiding service booked for the summer Goldie action up at Hervey , now thats fun fishing. MQ

Damn..........

Can't make it next weekend, going away with my better half for a weekend getaway... Hope to get out there the week after that...

We should organize a little get together...

[smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif]

Hi All,
    Maybe a flyfishers meet and greet ?
    Have a BBQ in one of the parks on the waterfront afterwards.
    Anyone interested ?
    Steve

Steve

Sounds like a good idea, it would be good to get to know some of you guys in person...

Count me in...

DOWN WITH THE GUMMIES - im with quinny on that one.

Hey john, heard ZZ Top didnt approve of you using squidgies on the fly rod either?

hopefully there will be more bait round this friday/saturday/sunday. I think that the moon had a fair bit to do with it but all those jellies where a pain in the arse too.

sea you all out there, Justin

mabo

when we saw zz i was useing the clousre still but after paul lost his fish to a bad knot i changed to the gummy my new gummy have buck tail in them is that ok it was a hard day out we spent 12 hours on the water for 3 hook ups and 2 in the boat but it was great to be out anyway

cheers john.

you did bloody well compared to the rest of us - i did over 120kms on the friday for only one sighted school of longies and one cast in vain. #Fingers crossed they will fire up this weekend or maybe we will have to start looking elsewhere for them? #

cheers, Justin

P.S - just because a squidgy has some bucktail on it doesnt make it a fly......heheheh