Thread: Fly tying get together

Fly tying get together

Hi Guys,
    As a newcomer to this site I am not sure if this has been done before. I am interested in trying to have a get together with the local Brissy folk (or travellers) for a fly tying night. I realise that there are going to all different levels of skills when it comes to tying. It would be a great opportunity however for the beginners to pick up heaps of tips and maybe avoid some mistakes the experienced tyers have already made.
    If people are interested I can try and find a location that suits. We may even be able to get a mini conference room at a club somewhere. Would you guys be willing to chuck in a couple of bucks for a room in nessesary?
    Anyway I will wait and see what you guys think, I am happy to try and organise something if people are keen

Cheers
    Tim

Re: Fly tying get together

Tim

The Brisbane Flyfishing club have a fly tying night almost every month. Come along to the next meet (First Thursday of the month - Geebung Bowls Club). You can get in touch with the Secretary, Rob, who is on this forum as well (Membername Rosso) if you plan on organizing something...

Thanks for that information. I will definately try and make the next meeting.

Come on nau....dont give up so quickly....Lets just bowl up to a pub or club and do our thing.....Why should you have to pay,,,,
    Where is your location, mine is in Morayrield...
    Kilkenny

Hey Kilkenny,
    I am at Wellington Point, I am new to brisvagas, and have now idea where Morayfield is.

Hi Tim, #good flyfishing on the neck out to King Island when the tide is low enough. #Careful you don't get caught out there through a high tide, you've got a few hours wait to get of again. #

Pete

Thanks for the post Pete, I have actually caught a few nice Lizards, working the drop off from the sandbar the goes out to king. Do you fish around that part of the Bay much?
    Cheers
    Tim