Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Longtail Tuna Leader

nat_bromhead

Re: Longtail Tuna Leader

Hi Guys...Been using 8kg and 10.7 KG Seaguar Flouro for about 3 years now and never faulted it...awesome stuff. Used to be hard to find (was getting it sent over from Farlows) but now I beleive it is sold here under another name. (maybe Pro Angler??)

RE the Shark probs...In Weipa a few months ago i had a Longy Comp with a couple of mates...(see how many we could get in before the sharks got them...)
    The best option I found was a straight 60lb Penn 10x Leader, hold the longies on the spot as they bite the fly , and dictate the fight right from there. We were bowling 8kg fish over in less than 2 mins.

Nat
    Doug Flinn calls this "GO UGLY EARLY"
    Works too !!!

Jack_Lives_Here

One of those freakish things I thinks Wes. The fish certainly didn't seem to play up like it had a shark up it's hammer.
    30lb Flurocarbon for me #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] GO HARD UGLY - I like that.

I use that Surecatch Hi Tensile stuff, in 20lb and 30lb, usually with a Shnider butt, I dont like Fluro Carb but have only used a few brands,,,
    As you know Wes, It pops at the loop a fair bit but thats usually my fault.. I got some PENN 10X but havent tried it yet.. MQ

I would have thought if it was sharked it would have been clean cut. You would generally feel the fish move a little differently before becoming lunch too from what I've seen..

I've been bitten off a couple of times with the 16lb.

Matt.

"Go Ugly Early" must be an Army phrase. Matty Fraser used to use it just before we would hit the nightspots. This tactic was also used with "Big Girls Need Loving Too! "