Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tunny Club Meet & Greet

Re: Tunny Club Meet & Greet

Quote Originally Posted by Nat Bromhead
    Have a charter there on Friday so will let you all know the latest after that....

Nat

So wats the reports out there 2day nat

nat_bromhead

Hi guys...just home.

Left Mooloolaba ramp before dawn, was a bit lumpy around Point Cartwright and Caloundra but not a bad run down.
    Although it was around the turn of tide when we arrived #were a few small bust ups just north of the 3rd lagoon (surprise surprise).

Saw an absoloute monster single fish slowly slurp a bait about 20 feet away...that was awesome

By about 8 we had had a couple of good shots but failed to connect...then the wind started...

Headed back north ,finding the occasional small pod of fish right in behind the breakers, had another shot or two but the fish were super spooky in the 3 to 4 m of water...zig zagged out to the beacons and back into the beach a few times and saw a heap of birds but not much else

Sadly the weather beat us today...Queenies, Bream and Flathead in the Mooloolah then the Maroochy made up for it.

Looking forward to Sunday...Piccy is Al Donald having a shot this morning

Pretty well identical to last Saturday.. Wes isn't making it either unfortunately - he's fishing Saturday.

Matt.

so it was your boat i saw this arvo Nat, i was hanging off the motorway bridge in my boat casting the flyrod around... not a whole lot of action for me to see... i looked up and saw a boat with a strange lookin lean bar on the front and was going to the other fella "ive seen that boat before.. on ausfish!"

how'd ya go in Maroochy??

Tim

nat_bromhead

Pretty quite in the Maroochy mate...had to go somwhere aS tthe wind blew us off the water at Bribie.

Got a bream and Flatty near the twin waters pipe, jigged some p[lastics and a fly or two round the bridge pylons but nothing...Heaps showing up on the sounder there though..

See you round
    Nat

yea, maroochy has been very quiet lately.. my friend got a 50cm flatty and a 50cm stargazer around the bridge casting a 5" tsunami paddle tail... did u try around the mouth?? ive been going around via cottontree and anchoring up on the edge of the channel, there has been plenty of small trevally being caught, i havent gotten any, but guys using 3" berkley dropshots have gotten them, ive tried surf candys, clousers and polar fibre minnows, i think the current has been too strong for my line to sink down deep enough.. where as a jighead has the advantage

Tim

Guys,

Dave(JackLivesHere) and I went out off Bribie today.

The final score was:
    Longtails 1 Gummy Minnow 0

The Longtail wanted my Gummy so badly, he took the fly down deep and bit me off.

We only saw 1 small(4-5) pod of Large(14kg) Tuna all day. They were north of the lagoons in close to the beach.

Hope you guys have a better luck tomorrow.

Wes

Thanks wes for the report. pitty you couldn't make it tomorrow, would have been good to finally meet you.
    Steve

looks like the weather gods are smiling
    see ya all at the ramp(gotta find it first as we,ve never been to Bribie )
    cheers
    glenn

drb

Sorry for the late notice Guys but I have to pull the pin on tomorrow. I have my boat for sale and a bloke who lloked at it wants to take it for a spin. Tomorrow of course.
    If I have time (and stilll have a boat )I might make the run down from Mooloolaba and try and catch up with you guys on the water. If I do that does any one know if I can get fuel at Spinakker Marina (I have a 115 2 stroke thirsty sucker) If so I'll try get to the bbq and motor home after. Otherwise have a good day everyone.

Darren

if ya got room and im not already fishin, ill come for a spin with ya Daz chip in some money for fuel in the big donk too

Tim

Sportfish_5

Daz - Yes you can get fuel at the marina. $$$$$

Guys - If it helps for your fish tomorrow, I was out this afternoon from 12:00 onwards chasing cobes at the NW markers and came back in close to Bribie to see if any schools/birds working but did not see anything all the way back around Bribie. There were huge bait schools (no fish workin them though) around all the northern main channel markers towards Caloundra so they maybe worth a look in the morning if there is no action in close. Good luck !

Cheers

Greg

welp, ill be fishing.. but at Mooloolaba

Tim

drb

Well, I guess its lucky I didn't make the trip down. When I went for a run this morning I discovered the boat won't rev past 3000 when in gear. It has just been serviced and this was the first time in the water since the service. Whenever the throtlle is pushed past 3000 it just dies. Needless to say the place I got it serviced will be coping an earfull tomorrow. I won't tell you all who it was yet. I'll give them a fair chance to right their wrongs first.

Of course the boat didn't sell.

Hope you all got plenty of longtails.

Darren

had the same problem Daz.. bloody powerpack went in the engine... $750 later and a new powerpack and it was fixed...

Tim